After Defrag, Win7 take forever to boot

cam966251

[H]ard|Gawd
Okay, so I've been running Windows 7 for about a month now, and it's be really fast. I've install a lot of programs in a short period of time, so I ran a defrag.

Now, whenever I boot into windows, the welcome screen, before and after I log into my account, takes a lot longer to boot. The starting windows doesn't really take longer, just the welcome screen loading sequence. Also, the system feels slower now, windows take a little bit longer to load and such.

My system is in my sig, with the absence of my brand new seagate 500GB 7200.12 hard drive.

I used to have an E6600, and I just upgraded to an X6800 for practically nothing.

Any advice would be great, thank you.

did you check your Event Viewer for possible conflicts during start up?

I'm looking at the event viewer, and I have a few warnings.

Warning Kernel-PnP: Event ID 219 - Failed to load USB Device Driver.
Warning Kernel-PnP: Event ID 219 - Failed to load Device Root\SIDESHOW\0001
Warning Kernel-PnP: Event ID 219 - Failed to load Device Root\SIDESHOW\0000

I don't have any USB devices plugged in, except my G15 keyboard, and G5 mouse.

Those were the errors I got on the last reboot I did a few minutes ago.

I think I may have figured out the problem. Around that same time, I connected a network drive, and now the server isn't running, so it's searching for the network drive. I just disconnected the drive from my computer, and now it seems to login much faster.

I'm still not sure if I should be worried about those other errors though.

Reboot again, and verify you get the USB errors logged in your event viewer. If you do, uninstall your USB root hubs and restart again.

Back