Afterburner reporting lower core clocks?

Chris_B

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone have any issues with msi afterburner reporting lower core clock speeds? Both my cards are at stock but ingame usually one card is being reported as running at 800mhz as opposed to 880. Couple of months ago it was saying this for gpu2, now its saying it for gpu1 (on the latest version of afterburner) Only way to resolve it seems to be to enable overdrive and put the power control setting to +1%.

I'm assuming its a software issue as gpuz reports 880 core clock. :confused:

Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

Last edited:
Does it happen all the time or just with certain games/apps? I would suggest setting Power Control to 20% + on each card. That should hopefully fix your problem. The only time I experienced this was with my 6950CF setup one of the GPUs would throttle down to a lower clock, but enabling 20%+ power setting fixed it and haven't gotten any downclocking since then. All 4 GPUs on my 6990s are at 20%+ by default

Seems to happen with most games, i'll have to have a look tonight and see if it differs from game to game. If i turn power tune upto 1% it seems to stop it happening, still though it shouldnt be happening in the first place.

Back