Age of Conan adding F2P option

I got my "hey come back and play email" to play free until the end of the month. What with that, and the option to go F2P, I'll probably be jacking around with this this summer.

Been waiting for this since it was announce for Asia. Sweet!

F2P should be in every MMO. In this genre, the success is almost entirely driven by the amount of content available, and MMO's should be doing everything they can to construct a fluid environment in where the players are ultimately creating and manipulating the content (EVE Online, SW Galaxies). More people ultimately means more content and life, which people are paying money to enjoy. You simply can not go wrong by allowing people, who are undecided on the game or broke, to be a part of the world. There are just too many reasons why this is an obvious win that listing them all would take all day.

Is this a good game to check out always like MMOs just cant afford them its why ive always liked Guild Wars

Kinda sucks that they don't let you play all of the classes but I'll defiantly try it out since it seems like a fun game

What classes do they let you play? tank/healers? lol. If I were only going to allow certain classes, I'd probably limit it to those so f2p players at least provide a valuable service to the community.

What classes do they let you play? tank/healers? lol. If I were only going to allow certain classes, I'd probably limit it to those so f2p players at least provide a valuable service to the community.

One tank class, one melee, one caster and one healer.

The best part in addition to going with a free to play model is the new blood and glory pvp server. Everyone starts from scratch and the playing field is level.

Here you go http://community.ageofconan.com/wsp...w&template=content&func_id=3308&table=CONTENT

It's gimped a lot... no sieges, 2 raids, not all classess, only 2 char slots.
Worth only to see if you like it, otherwise it's better to pay

So it's basically a gimped free trial that has no time limit. Can't really complain, I mean it's free after all. Nice of them to offer it.

I'm still bitter about dropping the $50 or $60 on the game when it first came out. A couple of friends and I were all very excited about it for a while, and got our computers together LAN style to play it the day it was released. We got home and installed it, and then the game updater opened. We were then greeted to a 1.9 GB patch. Yes, nearly two gigabytes. Again, this was on the very day the game was released. When we finally got into the game, it was very...unfinished. It felt like the whole thing was still in beta. I mean we were all ready to dismiss minor issues left and right because we really wanted to like this game. We were all tired of playing WoW and wanted something new. But we just couldn't accept the crap we were being fed. It was a huge pile of unfinished shit. I mean basic stuff like chat barely worked. The damn installer itself didn't even put an icon on the desktop or a shortcut in the start menu for fuck's sake. I know opening a few folders to get to the game isn't hard, it's just the principle....we shouldn't have to do it in the first place. There were way, way too many game bugs to list. Even things that weren't bugs were bad. Like water for example, looked awesome, but when you jumped in it there was no splash whatsoever. Little unpolished things like that all over the place. And all this was just when the game was working. Half the time was spent playing, the other half was downloading massive patches and waiting for FunCom to bring its damn servers back online due to massive outages in the first couple weeks of release. All this pissed off many people and they lost a lot of subscribers.

One of those same friends had tried it again a week ago hearing that it had improved since its release a few years ago. It was much more polished in terms of bugs, but WAY too little too late.

Played this when it first came out. Levels 1-20 were awesome, beyond that there was far too little in the way of content. Gave up on it around level 40ish iirc. Might try it again to see if it's gotten better.

Played this when it first came out. Levels 1-20 were awesome, beyond that there was far too little in the way of content. Gave up on it around level 40ish iirc. Might try it again to see if it's gotten better.

Content has actually grown quite a bit since release.

One class of each type.

For those wondering, the classes you can play a F2P are Guardian (Tank), Barbarian (Melee DPS), Demonologist (Caster DPS), and Priest of Mitra (Healer). If you are looking to join the Blood and Glory server, all of those classes but the Priest of Mitra are arguably the best class for that role in PvP. Should be a lot of fun!

Back