Age of Empires DS screens

what the hell did they do to AoE? It looks like advance wars now.

Frankly, I'm suprised that Microsoft made a deal to get this done on the DS. That being said, I know some people that are rolling around in their figurative graves like I am.

i read an interview with the makers of AOE DS..

they said they didn't want to just port over AOE.. they wanted to make something alittle different.. so they decided to make it turn based..

i didn't even realie that AOE is by microsoft.. really weird stuff lol..

makes you think.. will microsoft ever get into the hand held market??

Looks interesting, but I'm a little turned off by the turn base. Would be cool if it was a true RTS. *wondering what Starcraft would be like on the DS*

It looks pretty cool, I don't have a DS yet and have been debating for awhile (since mario kart came out). I think I will wait now and see how good AoE is, before I waste $150 for a handheld.

dmaownsyou said:
It looks pretty cool, I don't have a DS yet and have been debating for awhile (since mario kart came out). I think I will wait now and see how good AoE is, before I waste $150 for a handheld.

Mario Kart and Animal Crossing alone should be the convincing factor (they were for me!)... but if you hold off until E3, they may give you a redesigned DS to drool about that will be available this Christmas.

So this is just AW:DS with an AoE skin? ugh.
Was so looking forward to an RTS to convince me.

makes you think.. will microsoft ever get into the hand held market??

They are already looking into the prospects of it. They were caught about six months ago talking to some company that makes ARM-9 processors (or something like that) that are *generally* made for consoles and small electronic devices. Also, ATi was approached about some sort of mobile graphics processor stuff.

Don't ask me to provide a link, because honestly I don't have the time to look it up at work, but I am sure there are others in here who have read the same stories as I have. Maybe you could google and find the info, or otherwise take my word for it.

It could be anything, but if you put two and two together, I am sure that you will find that they were/are at least interested even if they have no current plans in place.

Json23 said:
They are already looking into the prospects of it. They were caught about six months ago talking to some company that makes ARM-9 processors (or something like that) that are *generally* made for consoles and small electronic devices. Also, ATi was approached about some sort of mobile graphics processor stuff.

Don't ask me to provide a link, because honestly I don't have the time to look it up at work, but I am sure there are others in here who have read the same stories as I have. Maybe you could google and find the info, or otherwise take my word for it.

It could be anything, but if you put two and two together, I am sure that you will find that they were/are at least interested even if they have no current plans in place.

the company that makes ARM micro controllers is called ARM lol.. heheh..

intersting fact though..

i want to buy an ARM9 dev board one of these days.. i'm gonna build build a robot off it.. or maybe design my own PCB for one

Man, I love turn based stuff. mmmmmmm AoE DS goodness and make it turn based, somones been reading my diary.

oh man, someone needs to bring moonbase commander to the DS, oh i would squeel like a little girl if that happened.

odoe said:
Man, I love turn based stuff. mmmmmmm AoE DS goodness and make it turn based, somones been reading my diary.

oh man, someone needs to bring moonbase commander to the DS, oh i would squeel like a little girl if that happened.
You could port it yourself. :p

noIinteam said:
dammit, I want it to be RTS instead of turn based. :(

i don't plan to get AOE.. but i've always though RTS games sucked.. i always liked turn based better..
but whatever lol..

i think there's more possibillity in terms of strategizing in a turn based game over a RTS game

if nintendo wanted to really sell the ds system like hot cakes, they would get in touch with blizzard and see about getting the rts starcraft.. in china and the other oriental countries that game is still a big deal.

I3roknI3ottle said:
if nintendo wanted to really sell the ds system like hot cakes, they would get in touch with blizzard and see about getting the rts starcraft.. in china and the other oriental countries that game is still a big deal.

using the word oriental to describe people from asia is considered a no no..

seriously..

the word oriental should only describe asian food.. as in oriental food..

but when you want to refer to the peopel of asia you should say asia ...

LOL sorry.. just giving you a heads up.. i guess it's cause my girlfriend is asian.. she turned me out.. i'm her bitch.. so i need to enforce her rules

none the less... i think you're right.. it would sell the DS like hotcakes

Read the interview on IGN. Essentially, they've taken AoE and turned back into Ancient Art of War. One thing of interest was that they constantly mentioned working with Ensemble which is a good thing. They're not dealing with a marketron from Microsoft. I'm going to reserve judgment for now, but I've got questions on how the final design is going to turn out. I've seen some other cell phone games that are similar in concept so I'm really wondering what's going to make this title stand out.

Did age of empires and civillization have a bastard child on the DS?

Anyway it could be pretty fun if implemented well.

Back