Agena FX 2.5 GHz beats Core 2 Extreme QX6800 33 to 66% faster in Sandra Multimedia

EOS30D

n00b
http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=663&Itemid=1

K10 at 2.5 GHz beats QX6800 in multimedia-33 to 66% faster in Sandra Multimedia

A 33 to 66 percent faster

In Sandra multimedia benchmark Agena / Barcelona K10 2.5 GHz scores over 400.000 it/s (instructions / second) in integer test and about 300.000 it/s in floating point test. Yeah there are some Agena / Barcelona parts runing at 2.5 GHz at press time and we got the chance to share the scores with the world.

Intel's fastest QX6800 Quad core at 3 GHz scores about ~300.000 it/s in integer and ~180.000 it/s in floating point test.

So at least in multimedia stuff and this synthetic benchmark AMD's native quad core is 33.3 percent faster than Intel's fastest Quad core, while in the floating calculations it is a massive 66 percent faster.

The QX6850 with FSB 1333 might improve the situation a bit, but it won't be enough save the day. Intel needs to go much higher than 3 GHZ to match the 2.5 GHz K10 part.

i really hope so.... AMD needs this. I will be holding off on any quad core til the end of the year..... so amd can still sway at least my purchase :)

According to the posters on Xtremesystems, that site posts fake CPU-Z screenshots so I wouldn't trust anything on it.

That is a joke. How does this guy even know that there is going to be a QX6850 and what the specs are going to be?

Also, isn't the FX a 4x4 solution, meaning 8 cores? A s they are no longer producing the FX as a single processor.

Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Just looking at the URL made me chuckle and doubt the veracity :rolleyes:

Maybe he's right, maybe he's wrong, but let's wait on the more credible sources, other than Fuad. After all, you can't spell "Fuad" without the F, U, and D...

That is a joke.
Quite possibly.
How does this guy even know that there is going to be a QX6850 and what the specs are going to be?
Information confirming the Intel QX6850, it's clocks peed, bus speed, and cache size have been confirmed and posted all over the web. While everything is speculation until launch, these specs are generally accepted as "fact." Go do a google earch.
Also, isn't the FX a 4x4 solution, meaning 8 cores? A s they are no longer producing the FX as a single processor.
That is more or less true. One can only purchase FX chips by 1000 units of paired boxes from AMD. This in no way means single chips can not be acquired elsewhere (newegg) or that one could not have been disabled for the test.

no AgenaFX is the name for the desktop quadcores

Damn, they need to stick to some naming standard here, the FX is really confusing.

Information confirming the Intel QX6850, it's clocks peed, bus speed, and cache size have been confirmed and posted all over the web. While everything is speculation until launch, these specs are generally accepted as "fact." Go do a google earch.

Damn, this sucks, I was about to pickup a QX6800 too the second it came availible.... now the QX6850 is only less than two months off.. grrrr.....

Damn, this sucks, I was about to pickup a QX6800 too the second it came availible.... now the QX6850 is only less than two months off.. grrrr.....

The QX6800 is better because you have higher multipliers ( 11 vs. 9 ).It is a no brainer to turn it into a 6850 ( 333x9 ) , but I doubt you'll run it at stock frequency.

Damn, they need to stick to some naming standard here, the FX is really confusing.
AMD use the FX name for their high end overpriced product like FX-60, FX-55 and etc , this is just like how Intel use the extreme name on their product. Btw I doubt that a 2.5GHz Agena will already use the FX name, if this is true then a lower end Agena CPU will have a lower clock speed.

Who cares? Its fud, it hasn't been released, we have no idea what this really means. Step yo game up, AMD.

This is from Fuad, and if anyone doesn't have the experience to recognize who that is, he is from Inquirer infamy. He's one of their most famous crazies.

Also, about Agena FX: as far as I'm aware, it's only the codename (like Barcelona, or Kuma). The processors are supposedly going to be sold under the 1900 X2 or 2200 X4 kinds of names, though I'm sure that we'll see the FX variants showing up with some 4x4 compatibility for an eight core K10 system.

We'll see how all this performance pans out once some real benchmarks start showing up.

yes agenda will come in 1.9 to 2.5 ghz to start with.

and as for the person who thinks FX is a 2 x CPU with two cores each, he has been confused with Quad FX which is two FX chips on a 2 x socket motherboard. Agenda can also use this arrangement using 2 x 4 cores giving a total of 8 cores on one motherboard. That would make intel look very weak in the top end, but everyone in the know knew AMD was way ahead with their native quad core design.

Back