Agility 4 128GB SSD $35, free ship, MIR @ Amazon.com

Got my drive in today. Installed it booted to my Win7 Ultimate disk.
Started the install went to get my kids from the school bus. Came back and was at the windows desktop (I made a custom ISO of my windows disk to enter the username ect without me having to type it.) and started to install windows updates.

So far been running for about 4 hours with not a single issue. I can see a good speed difference compared to my old OS drive and I'm happy with my purchase so far.

Bought the 128gb version, installed in my Thinkpad T61 today. Didn't bother with any firmware updates.
Running just fine. Installed Win7 with all the updates and all of my software, no problems with blue screens or crashes. Speed isn't a huge concern since the T61 is older with an old core 2 duo processor so I wouldn't benefit from a newer gen SSD in this laptop anyways.

Pfffft, old? My laptop is still a Pentium M 1.5ghz with 1gig of RAM. :)

I've recently resurrected a Dell Inspiron B130 - Pentium M 1.8, 2gb RAM, threw linux on there - I'm honestly surprised at how fast it is. Even running off a 32gb flash drive haha.

Just got done installing 2 of these in my gaming rig in RAID 0 for primary OS and favorite games. They replaced a 64GB Crucial M4 that I used for OS.

For $25 each I feel like I got a great deal.
Performance is great.

Last edited:
Photos from the upgrade.

Loading up 2x128GB for RAID 0.

LianListorageside.jpg

RAID 0 ATTO benchmark.

AGility4128gbraid0.jpg

RAID 0 ATTO benchmark.

AGility4128gbraid0.jpg

I purchased 3 of these drives. Very similar to what I have been seeing. From a performance perspective, not much better than a single 256GB SSD. On the other hand, these things were $55 each.

I purchased 3 of these drives. Very similar to what I have been seeing. From a performance perspective, not much better than a single 256GB SSD. On the other hand, these things were $55 each.

Mine were $25 each. :)

Which single 256GB would that be?

I'm sure the Agility 4s can put out more with some RST improvements. I'm running Intel 11.2 RST. The 11.5 RST had a problem so it got pulled from Intel's WEB site but it made a huge improvement on performance for RAID 0.

Last edited:
Mine were $35 each. :)

You just got the drives, and already got the MIRs back? That sounds outrageous, don't they usually take about a month? Just curious, because I thought there was some speculation as to whether two MIRs would work.

Ya, I'm still waiting for someone to confirm whether or not they actually allowed 2 MIRs on these drives.

Got it a few days ago, had the latest firmware (1.5.2) when I received it. I haven't noticed any problems with this drive so for $74.99 - $30 (called in for rebate) - $20 (assuming rebate comes in) - $30 (amazon error) = -$5.01 I would definitely recommend it :D !

Got it a few days ago, had the latest firmware (1.5.2) when I received it. I haven't noticed any problems with this drive so for $74.99 - $30 (called in for rebate) - $20 (assuming rebate comes in) - $30 (amazon error) = -$5.01 I would definitely recommend it :D !

I found $50 in rebates but where is the extra $20 from?

You just got the drives, and already got the MIRs back? That sounds outrageous, don't they usually take about a month? Just curious, because I thought there was some speculation as to whether two MIRs would work.

They gave me the run around about the rebates. Bottom line Amazon screwed up on the listed pricing. I ordered 2 of these and up front I paid $150 for both but after seeking out help with the pricing and rebates from Amazon and OCZ Amazon ended up only charging me $90 for both of them and I will get another $40 rebate from OCZ which I already verified with OCZ. So final price will be $50 for two of them.

OCZ will send me a $40 credit gift card which I can use just about any where.

I doubt anyone will be able to get it for only $5 because there was only $50 in rebates per SSD available on the 8th and 9th of September that over lapped.

$25 for a 128gb Agility 4 was a smoking deal.

$200 for 1TB is what I'm holding out for. I paid over $600 for each SSD in my rig. :(

That would be nice.

SSD's are great but they are not the final frontier in terms of the last hardware device to unlock the bottle neck of system power. Pricing has been ridiculous for a long time. Hope the price comes down soon.

Can can someone give me the correct ocz rebate number? I purchased mine on 9/11 @ amazon but the ocz website doesn't have anything for amazon.

Can can someone give me the correct ocz rebate number? I purchased mine on 9/11 @ amazon but the ocz website doesn't have anything for amazon.

Did you see this post?

Go to https://ocztechnology.4myrebate.com/, then click to claim/find a rebate and select advanced search with keyword is AGT4-25SAT3-128G and retail store is Amazon.com, it will bring up to 3 valid rebates.
OCZrebate.jpg

This is true. I won't buy any OCZ ssd's unless they are free or same price as hdd.

I was able to find 3 valid rebates for the dates that I purchased. I already filed mine as well.

Sweet I was gonna use the 1168 rebate which is $20 but the 1169 is totally valid and $30. How are you guys doing multiple? they require the original code no?

Back