AIM question

stumpy

2[H]4U
Been looking around on the AIM website and google, but can't find an answer.

What does it mean on AOL instant messenger when a screen name has an icon beside it besides the normal away message or mobile device icon? The ones I've seen are like a water droplet, or the movie icon? I can't find this out, and it drives me crazy whenever I see one of my contacts with that beside the screenname.... :confused:

I get the lock also, but i'v never seen any of the others you speak of.

i have seen the water drop, and a dog face? i have no clue what they are there for

Well we've all seen strange symbols next to people's names, we've got that. But what do they mean man? Google has given me piss poor answers.

sounds to me like they might be using trillian or gaim or something with a custom away icon or away status thats not normally used by AIM.

v_lestat said:
sounds to me like they might be using trillian or gaim or something with a custom away icon or away status thats not normally used by AIM.

thats a negitive, i can vouch for my friend with the water drop icon. She uses AIM

the lock...its a thing u do to ur AIM...it secures the convo. between u and the other person...it only works when both have the lock tho...there was a link awhile back that told u how to get the lock...if i find, ill post it up...dont kno what the other icons are tho.

Oh yeah. I think it might be RSA encryption...or whatever the DES standard is nowadays. That's for the lock symbol anyway.

Back