Airflow debate: Lian Li a70F vs Corsair 700D

Bdonedge

Gawd
The two towers are something I've been looking at for a week or so now, and I'm going to buy one. But which one? I'm sticking to airflow for a while.

I have read how the idealistic airflow is for both cases:

The 700D moves air from different compartments, and each compartment removes air through the top/rear. It also has amazing cable management which I assume helps with airflow. The issue I see with this case, is the power lacking in the fans (which can be upgraded, of course) and how MANY fans are able to be installed. It seems that this is more of a water cooling type case because I have yet to see many posters use just air. But it's a beautiful case and I want every part of it.

BUT, on the flipside to that, I have found the Lian Li A70F and A71F. Both are virtually the same case, but one has a door, giving it a more sleek look (Which I prefer, but for a 30-40 dollar difference, I might be able to get over having it). The cooler system in this is very simple: In the front, out the back. 4 fans total that are able to fit in this case. That is also not many, but I do know that this system has worked for many a years. The only difference between lack of fans for this case and the Corsair, is that the corsair has compartments "blocked off", so to speak.

So I would like your opinions on both cases, if you have experienced them, used them, etc. Good airflow is what I like, and which one of these amazingly beautiful cases has them?

Thank you for some input.

I have reviewed that case as well. Thanks for the input! I'm just not a big fan of the look of it, so to speak. I like the boxed, real sleek, matt black look that these 2 cases have going on

Then how about the FT02?

If you really want to choose between the two, you should get the Lian Li. The Corsair REALLY is a water-cooling type case. Many users who throws air-cooling system in the 800/700D systems have trouble keeping them cool.

Then how about the FT02?

If you really want to choose between the two, you should get the Lian Li. The Corsair REALLY is a water-cooling type case. Many users who throws air-cooling system in the 800/700D systems have trouble keeping them cool.

That's a pretty cool case. That's a step in the right direction. Not quite as big as I'd like it to be, but I do like that case. But I can see why the cooling would be amazing.

Do you know how well that Lian Li (or similar Lian Li's) cool? How about in comparison to some of the silverstones being shown?

Last edited:
Then how about the FT02?

I have an 800 and have no problem with air cooling. You have to forget about using the stock fans that come with the case as they are geared more to noise level (quiet) then performance. Thermal performance with stock fans is marginal. I replaced the stock fans with Noctua fans and added Noctua fans in the top and use a Scythe server controller for fan control based on temperature. I use a H50 with 2 fans in push/pull blowing into the case. The case is very quiet with this setup, noise level does go up if the fan controller ramps up the speed but even then it is not objectionable.

Idle temps with a Crosshair IV with a 1090T are currently CPU 34C, MB 32C, NB 45C, SB 39C with an ambient temp of 26C. Load temp will rise of course but 50C on the CPU is about as high as I remember seeing.

You do have to replace the stock fans and add fans in the top but I seldom keep the stock fans on any case.

Back