airport has vanished from my powerbook?

arnemetis

2[H]4U
Hi I have a g4 1.5ghz powerbook and recently updated from 10.3.9 to 10.4.6 (I know I know, but i didnt feel like backing everything up to be re-imaged) and my airport had been acting oddly, not able to join any networks with WPA. now I find that it has gone one step further to not being present at all, my mac thinks there is no airport card installed! how can I fix this?? There doesnt seem to be any software updates except a random itunes one..Thanks.

If it doesn't see the card at all, there is probably something wrong with the card. If you create a new location in the network system preference, does it show up there?

turns out integrated isnt so integrated. it apparently came loose, so i had to reseat it (plugged in behind battery compartment) and now all is well. should have a security latch or something to hold it in place, or maybe i should throw it around less :p

At least your powerbook didn't vanish from the airport because thats what I thought when I read the title of the thread too quickly.

Back