Aiw 9800....sucks!

beachbum

Limp Gawd
At least in my opinion. And I am predominately talking about the tv part.

This would be my first AIW card and I am having lots of trouble!
Sometimes it freezes up and the sound cuts out then in order to get it back to work, I have to restart.

The remote bothers me the most. :mad:
I expected better features from the remote. It doesn't have a full screen button, it has one that I can program in the software provided but I have to pray it works, then how are you going to downsize the full screen? You cant, even with programming one of the 6 or so buttons the downsized screen button does NOT work.

I am missing a lot of other kinks that I cant think of right off my head right now.

Anywho, I can not imagine someone using this POS as a HTPC with all its issues :( .

Am I missing something here? Software upgrade? Any other owners agree that this thing has problems?

No flames, I am just mad that half the features on this work.

Good day,
BB :cool:

i had problems like that before i disabled fast writes

I have the AIW 9800 and im very happy with it.

I dont know how to fix your problem
My remote works fine and it does have a full screen button.
You'll probably need a better plugin for other applications to get it to work.
my TV works great too.

Plus it performs just as well as a 9800p...

its not a global problem...something specific with you.
you have tried all the latest drivers rite?

beachbum said:
Anywho, I can not imagine someone using this POS as a HTPC with all its issues :( .
Thats because your not suppose to use it like that. ;)

Could you please list what problems your having (more complete list)?
I beleive the Ezview app (or whatever ATI calls it) had some problems with sound going out, an update should fix it.

Everything is working okay now, other than I had to restart about 2 times because of the sound cutting out.

I suppose the only thing that bothers me the most are the functions on the remote. Of course I am comparing this all to my previous Avermedia tuner.

All I want to do is full screen the TV application and downsize it, but a button for that does not exist nor can the programmed designated button work.

Make sure you've got the newest drivers for the card, the newest version of the MMC and the Remote Wonder software. The version of the Remote Wonder that came bundled on my driver CD was very old; the version on the web was much better.

Back