AIW x800XT AGP Question

xfoureyedgeek

Limp Gawd
Well been awile since i upgraded my video card. I bought my last agp card. AIW x800XT AGP. Is it me or does the fan speeds increase when in a game? It's pretty quiet when not in a game. When I switch to a game it's starts the increase it's fan power.

the fan speeds up when the heat increases most likely
so it makes sense that it gets louder when you play a game

That's pretty much standard across the board with video cards now.

Games make the card hotter so it has to bump the cooling up.

I also have the X800XT AIW. The small aluminum HSF just doesn't cut it, so I put the Zalman on mine. Even overclocked to 540/1060 I've never had the card go beyond the 60's during game play, so the fan always remains near silent, even under load.

Yep the fan will crank up when the heat rises. I have the agp x800xt aiw also.
You can try to play with the fan settings using ATiTool, though.

jebo_4jc said:
You can try to play with the fan settings using ATiTool, though.

This is not reccomended if you still have the stock heatsink and fan.

icthus13 said:
This is not reccomended if you still have the stock heatsink and fan.
Agreed. Proceed at your own risk. Glad you mentioned that.

Thanks alot been awhile since i research cards or even went on hardforum. Now this Zalman Fan. Whats the model number? Will it fit in a shuttle?

xfoureyedgeek said:
Thanks alot been awhile since i research cards or even went on hardforum. Now this Zalman Fan. Whats the model number? Will it fit in a shuttle?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the Zalman cooler is tall enough that it would go down as a two slot cooling solution, and may give problems for SFF users due to there being so little room between the AGP slot and case cover.

Here is the Zalman I installed on my X800XT AIW.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118117

Back