Alien Swarm CTD issues.

Wouldn't be a Valve release if it wasn't bugged at launch. Sure the kinks will get ironed out soon enough.

Working fine here on my M11X R2 with an Nvidia 335 and on my desktop with a 5770.

Intel P4 1.6 Ghz : Geforce4 Ti 4400 128MB : 768MB : Win98 SE : 40GB HD

You kid right? Stop dat, I laugh too much... Look what you make me do, me spill vodka all over lap.

I've yet to exit the game intentionally both times, although my system's been unstable since I got a replacement GTX 260 from EVGA. The first time was a game freeze. Had to kill the process. The second time was a BSOD.

I've yet to exit the game intentionally both times, although my system's been unstable since I got a replacement GTX 260 from EVGA. The first time was a game freeze. Had to kill the process. The second time was a BSOD.

Hmm, I wonder if that may be a problem with TF2 for me..graphics card issues. It'll crash hl2.exe with looping sound bugs...if it doesn't just freeze the whole computer up. Have yet to find someone who has had the problem but solved the issue permanently.

Alien Swarm, biggest problem I have with it is trouble connecting and random drop outs with no explanation as to why. Like maybe the host shut down, or maybe connection was lost for some other reason..just no message to help you figure it out.

Games running fine for me.

Upon further inspection of your rig, if you're trolling this isn't funny.

If cs:s doesn't run on your system, this won't either. The game was made off the source SDK. I wouldn't call it graphics intensive (looks alright though) in this day and age but for your system, yes.

Nope - No troll here - That's my joke sig rig.

I was just bringing attention the issues that people are getting.

I have a feeling something is wrong with my GTX260 too (may be RMA time). It was getting pink screen crashes from D2 (of all things) about a year ago, but I brushed that off. Just yesterday in Alienswarm, I hardlocked TWICE in a row. First, I hardlocked via "pink screen" and then "black screen with sound loop". It was entertaining hearing my friend's voice "why are you..." looping continuously, lmao.

I checked the temps and even with like 75% fan speed, I was hitting 87-90C's. I rarely use AA in my games though (so maybe my GPU has never really been tested). Needless to say I'm gonna try undervolting (1.125 to 1.088) to see if it helps, but I may end up RMAing if this continues.

*Update - 4:30PM*
There's numerous threads on Steam forums with GTX260 owners specifically having this issue. Truly FTL.

*Update - 12AM*
Well I changed a couple settings, so I screwed myself in figuring which fixed it:
1) 4x AA >> 0x AA
2) Vsync triple buffer >> no vsync
3) My original thinking (1.112 to 1.125 vcore reduced to 1.075, 1.088)

No driver changes. Max temp was 74Cs (from 87 previously).

Last edited:
Back