Aliens: Colonial Marines "Kick Ass" Trailer

Looks like they went for the Doom 3 wax museum models. Everything is so shiny! :D

Maybe it's just me but the gunplay looks very Call of Duty like. Not a good thing in my book.

I think Ill just dust off my avp2 box set, scripted game play sucks and from the looks of this vid its full of it.

the lithtech engine used in avp could have been more than a match for this game.

you don't need super graphics when the game should be about as dark as physically possible, its meant to be immersive in a world where every shadow you cant see in to is a feck off great big monster that wants to rip your head off.

With Anything Aliens, Graphics are secondary, atmosphere is key and with a game, you need amazing game play and atmosphere that can scare the crap out of you, it doesn't need big bangs, dazzling effects, "jump" effects an all the other crap that's been added because they can, it needs to scare me, and from the in game footage ive seen it doesn't.

they would do well to release the source code for AVP2 like they did with FS2 and let the community improve upon it because clearly they are not able to.

Maybe it's just me but the gunplay looks very Call of Duty like. Not a good thing in my book.

I actually thought it looked far worse then CoD gameplay (i'm talking about the good Infinity Ward variant.. not the Treyach ones). Like as if its straight out of the '90's. The thing that i like about the CoD:MW series is the gameplay and how it "handles" much more differently then the FPS's of old (less "gamey" and more realistic in the physics department.) even though its based on a very tweaked engine from around that era.

I think this about a lot of games lately and it puts me right off of them instantly as we've been "stuck" with this overly "kid" gaming phyics for so long that i'm desperate for some actual forward movement in this area for a change. Especially knowing that if they can combine it with relatively good graphics (which, lets face it, should be a minimum this day and age) they'd at least only have game play itself to conquer for a winner.

What ever happened to all the Phyics cards (that i loathed and never touched but hoped it translated to better phyics in games) and the big push we seen there for a few years? Fell out of the sky i guess. Oh thats right... 6yr old hardware is the issue!! GGRRR

I don't care about graphics, because I remember when we didn't have graphics. Give me good gameplay, atmosphere AND NO FUCKING CONSOLE CONTROL BULLSHIT AND NARROW FOV

Hope this can at least compete with Alien Trilogy released way back in 1996, nothing in the Alien franchise has come close yet.

So looks like another bad alien game in a long line of bad ones. :(

pfttt this game look like halo or something shit...

Also I think old Crysis is far superior this game.:rolleyes:

Let me see demo game first then we talk shit after.:cool:

The first AvP was quiet, eerie, dark, and had huge amounts of suspensful atmosphere. This one reminds me of AvP2 where the models were very waxy looking and there was too much talking. Definitely took away from the bleakness.

Jaguar AvP or PC AvP?

Who made the Jaguar version anyway because imo it is still the best of the alien games.

Jaguar AvP or PC AvP?

Who made the Jaguar version anyway because imo it is still the best of the alien games.

Wow nevermind, Rebellion has made them all the way back to the Jaguar days. FFS

Back