Almost decided! G2400WD or LG W2452V?

kompulsive

Limp Gawd
I'm trying to make a final decision on a gaming monitor. Though I'm still considering the ASUS MK241H, I think I'm going to go with either the G2400WD or the LG W2452V. The LG has a 10,000:1 contrast ratio compared to the G2400WD's 1000:1. How much of a difference will that make? Also, the LG is about $100 more than the BenQ. Will I notice $100 more worth of quality/performance for gaming in the LG model? Keep in mind, I want great colors here. Deep blacks are also very important. Both monitors have a 2ms response time and I don't believe either have an issue with input lag. Both have received very good reviews as well.

If your on a budget than the BenQ G2400WD will do fine and it has many positive reviews from users and expert reviews. The Dynamic Ratio is not its native Contrast Ratio which would be 1,000:1. But, in a certain setting like movie mode, it enables the Dynamic Contrast ratio in the monitor and the picture looks very high on the contrast making the colors to look very vivid. Maybe a bit too vivid to some. For me, I like spending the extra money on a nicer monitor whether it offers more features and looks aesthetically nicer because a nice monitor is not something you upgrade as often. Either choice you go, you can't go wrong. Both monitors are good.

I was in the same boat as you buddy. Choosing a monitor is really hard. I would go with the Acer P241w. It is really a great monitor. I hope this helps.

It is the same price at NewEgg. Do you think that I will notice a difference in quality between the LG and the BenQ?

Also, the LG model without an HDMI port is $100 cheaper. Why do I need an HDMI port if I can just get a DVI to HDMI cable?

...the hell do I need an HDMI port anyhow? PS3 or something? My computer only needs the DVI.

According to Digital Versus, the LG has an average input lag of 34ms, which is just too much for gaming IMHO. It's also a TN panel, so it's not as if you're getting superior image quality and/or viewing angles in exchange for the lag as you would with the Dell monitors.

I have the G2400WD and am fairly happy with it. Be forewarned though, mine got a blown power board after about 3 months and after 7 weeks of RMA process, I still don't have a replacement monitor that works correctly.

Back