Alpha Five anyone?

BakedON

[H]ard|DCer of the Year - 2006
A little help please....
I'm being asked to learn enough about Alpha Five v6.0 to get the server end running and help debug some programming... after our crack programming team learns to use it that it :rolleyes:
What the hell is it exactly?
My boss threw a CD at me this morning and I've never even heard of it.

PLEASE tell me it isn't what I think it is.... a 27 step process to access a database that we could accomplish easier, faster and prettier with PHP.

Any insights and or experiences would be appreciated.

Alpha 5 is a program that I use at work :\ probably not the same thing cause it's a database program for all the files in our office....

Vekzor said:
Alpha 5 is a program that I use at work :\ probably not the same thing cause it's a database program for all the files in our office....
Well... it looks like a database proggie as well.
What's awful is that my boss is billing it as a database/webserver/report web interface/etc/etc and not one of us has a clue!
Gah! I hate management.

BakedON said:
... Gah! I hate management.

Looks like management hates you, too. :p

But seriously, I do sympathize with your plight. I've got (mis)management to deal as well, so I know how frustrating it gets.

BakedON said:
What's awful is that my boss is billing it as a database/webserver/report web interface/etc/etc and not one of us has a clue!
It looks like he's pretty much got it right. Just browse through the tutorials a little bit, and you'll see it can do just about anything. As with just about any programming environment, the question is not whether it can do something, but how easy it is to get done what you need to get done. From the web publishing tutorial, it looks like it can do a lot of the basic web-to-database stuff very trivially.

Back