Alright, im very happy, getting my phase change cooler tomorrow

newls1

Supreme [H]ardness
Bitchbreaker and I are setting up my phase change cooler tomorrow, I cant wait. I hope to finally get a good OC from my FX55 now, and wont have to worry about CPU temps any longer.....

Good choice :) Better to get custom job than over priced unit (keep in mind they do have to run their company after all and cover for warranty etc) if you are local to one of these guys.
Just grabbed my single phase from PC ICE(evap reading -56c from his garage... in S. Cali it wasn't too hot) and thing is tuned for high wattage (more capacity than temp:p) Once my new radiator comes in for GPU, it will be time to hack my case and shove everything in. I think you guys are gonna like the look of it... :)

Hey all, BITCHBREAKER and I spent all day hooking up my phase changer. I dont have the pics yet (Im really tired, and just want to go to sleep :eek: ? So far Im @ 3.180Ghz on my FX55 @ 100% CPU load for 20 minutes my temps are -33c and @ idle im at -39c. I really think Im liking PHASE CHANGE cooling. I'll post my PIX either tonight, or tomorrow (sorry bitchbreaker) Thanks again BITCHBREAKER, and I'll try to see how high I can take this FX, but it might be tomorrow :( .

QUick question to someone: Is it normal for the compressor to be hot to the touch?

stryder2720 said:
What the noise like? Loud, quiet, medium?
Thanks
I'm coming from a 92mm tornado spinning WIDE OPEN :eek: , going to this phase changer, it is quiet, to medium quiet.... ;)

I merged your two threads together since they were both about the same thing. You didn't need to start another one, the old one was only 2 posts long - FAR from worn out :p

newls1 said:
QUick question to someone: Is it normal for the compressor to be hot to the touch?

Here's a rule of thumb you can use.

If you can't keep your palm on it for more than 5 seconds. It's to hot.

Something i learned from a technician as a basic "quick check."

But they can get warm, you need to have the frost line of the suction side coming back to the suction port entrance. This is intended and will help cool of the compressor from the cold gas (NOT LIQUID) coming bck to the compressor.

Thank's,that unit was tuned for 240w load..if i took a little gas out (witch i will after he get's a maxoc) i can get better load temp's,i to get -55*c idle on these unit's..i can get -60 idle but load isent for crap,....

Few pic's
seth001.JPG

seth002.JPG

gclg2000 said:
Here's a rule of thumb you can use.

If you can't keep your palm on it for more than 5 seconds. It's to hot.

Something i learned from a technician as a basic "quick check."

But they can get warm, you need to have the frost line of the suction side coming back to the suction port entrance. This is intended and will help cool of the compressor from the cold gas (NOT LIQUID) coming bck to the compressor.

This compressor is running in spec..i have checked it allready and it meet's spec for it.

Some compressor works at higher temp than others. As long as it is in spec you are fine. Anything below 70c on compressor temp will be fine IMO.
Anyways, few things about capacity and temperature.
more gas => more capacity but bit higher temp. Also, less fluctuation between no load to load temp.
less gas => less capacity but lower temp. Also, more fluctuation between no load to load temp.
Best way to tune it is putting it on live system and charge gas based on fully loaded temp. (I used to use S&M for the maximum possible heat when in single core... next best one will be prime 95 or running 2 prime95 in case of X2)
I personally prefer more capacity over bit lower temp as it gives me bit more room for even hotter CPU that will comeout in near future. My unit is tuned for about 240W too :p

BitchBreaker said:
Thank's,that unit was tuned for 240w load..if i took a little gas out (witch i will after he get's a maxoc) i can get better load temp's,i to get -55*c idle on these unit's..i can get -60 idle but load isent for crap,....

Few pic's
seth001.JPG

seth002.JPG

Wow, this PC looks just like mine. :D

Yeah pricing shouldn't be posted up unless in FS section :p It starts giving wrong impression of what each people might charge for the kind of jobs (there are some variations)

Back