Altered Saints Row IV Okayed for Australia

HardOCP News

[H] News
Thankfully they removed the ol' "alien narcotics gives you superpowers" bit from this mature rated game! Who knows how many people could have been hurt trying this at home. :rolleyes:

The Australian Classification Board has approved an altered version of Saints Row IV for release down under, reports IGN, They say the potentially offensive Alien Anal Probe will still be included in its DLC pack, and that the clearance was earned by cutting a single side-mission from the game, which includes about 20 minutes of gameplay. “To achieve this rating one loyalty mission featuring the character Shaundi has been removed," according to a statement from publisher Deep Silver. "This mission has been widely reported on and contains the use of alien narcotics to obtain certain superpowers.

god damn it. Any of you nice non-australians feel like gifting me the real version on steam? The game may not be on the top of my watchlist, but i still wanna get it for a bit of harmless fluffy pink mascot exploding fun. Stupid australian videogame censorship.

australia doesn't approve of the use of alien narcotics. I understand this is a very sensitive issue over here because of the amount of teenagers over here that die every week in mid-air collisions with aircraft.

god damn it. Any of you nice non-australians feel like gifting me the real version on steam? The game may not be on the top of my watchlist, but i still wanna get it for a bit of harmless fluffy pink mascot exploding fun. Stupid australian videogame censorship.

No because your delicate shrimp on the barbie brain can't handle it. Dildo-free version for you.

POS country of AU better not cause the game to be censored in countries that are not run by goodie two shoes asshats like it did with Fallout 3.

Half ass backwards Aussie Government. Please take Prism and the NSA it's like a match made in heaven.

Almost as bad as Germany..

Even for a prison colony, the Australian government seems rather authoritarian in the freedoms it keeps from its people.

Gotta love it.
You're not allowed to get superpowers from alien blow, but you CAN rape and kill someone with a giant anal probe.
Meh.

So... they let DNF through even though it features steroid use - real drugs - yet fictitious alien drugs are a no-no? Well that makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Back