AlumaxX

It's all hand work. Getting straight lines isn't that difficult. To get them perfect I use an old mirror. I tape some sandingpaper on this mirror, so it's perfectly smooth. Then just get the acrylic part over the sandingpaper on the mirror to sand it.

I used some foil to get the frosted look. Normally this foil is used to blind windows. It works great.

Thanks for watching my mod guys.

Awesome stuff. What kind of budget do you have set for this whole project? Looks.. expensive :D

AlumaxX said:
I used some foil to get the frosted look. Normally this foil is used to blind windows. It works great.

so you use an applique, rather than sanding it? hmm... i'll have to look into that.

I've made an crylic piece to keep all the wires from the LEDS seperated.

draaddivider.jpg

Just have to pull 61 wires through the holes now :rolleyes:

Alle the wires are pulled through the holes in the acrylic.

dradendoordivider.jpg

OMG WOW
I can't believe how many wires you have there, good luck keeping them all organized. ;)

Before I can install the LEDS under the grill I will have to drill a lot of holes. The holes in the first acrylic part are ready now. ( left on the photograph )
Next thing I have to do is drill the holes on the same places in the top of the case. After that I need to drill holes in the acrylic piece that supprts the LEDS from underneath. (right side of the photograph. The difficulty is that all the holes have to line up quite secure.

grillleds1.jpg

This are the places I will have to drill in the top of the case.

grillleds2.jpg

Oh geez...
*holds crotch*
IT's gonna blow!!!!

Nice work. I love the quality of the detail you are putting in.

I had the time to do a lot of work today. I started with drilling the last holes in the acrylic. First drilled in the acrylic with a 6mm. drill and 1,5 mm. deep. After that I drilled with a 3mm. drill right through the acrylic, this for the legs of the leds.

kolomboor.jpg

Then it was time to start soldering the leds.
Before my coffee break I did this.

solderenleds3.jpg

and after a lot of coffee this

solderenleds4.jpg

It all will become a sort of sandwich construction in the end.

solderenleds6.jpg

Between these two layers of acrylic the aluminium from the top of the case will come of course.

solderenleds5.jpg

That's it for today. Tomorrow I will connect the other legs from the leds to the wires from the resistors.

amazing work man, mind if i take a few ideas for my mod? of course il give credit where it is due

If I would mind anyone using any of my ideas I shouldn't post it on the internet. There is no bigger compliment then seeing that people like it so much that they use some ideas in their own mod. I use things I saw from other people too.

It's from A.C. Ryan. I bought in a webshop in the Netherlands. The milk white acrylic is from a company specialized in buildingmaterials, also in Holland.

Almost ready to install the acrylic withe the leds in the case now.

ledsacryl1.jpg

and the other side, where the leds stick out.

ledsacryl2.jpg

I worked on the wiring tonight again. I have mounted the plate with the resistors for the leds and bundled the wires a bit.

kabelbundels.jpg

Looking nice man :) I don't comment in a lot of the mod threads but I'm liking the ideas here.. good luck ;)

ready to test the leds under the gril and reservoir. I'm not much of a photographer. I wasn't able to take a picture that shows the lighting in all its glory :mad: It lloks better in real life then on my pictures.

leds1.jpg

leds2.jpg

the colours in the next photograph are a littlebit better.

leds3.jpg

At this moment I would like to give you my hands R3D3X, because they hurt pretty much. I strip the wires with a knife and after doing about 160 wires my right thumb looks like like a carved piece of wood. The good news is that the wiring of the leds is almost done now and I expect the mod to be ready within 2 or 3 weeks from now.

Back