Am I screwed o_o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you are assisting him (a minor) in commit fraud.
Heck, you blatantly told him to do it.
So, that "his own decision" means crap.

In court he can claim peer pressure or what not and you will be booked too.

I would love to see the police try to find the real person who uses this account...

I said that my opinion would be to do it, but ultimately it is his decision in the first place...

transmission terminated...

you think newegg will take me to court >_>?
the most they will do is make me pay shipping to send it back.
also, have you ever heard of newegg refusing an RMA?

Yes. Newegg has refused rma's many a time.

Question. How long ago did you purchase this cpu?

do you think newegg actually removes the top metal part of the CPU to check for fried things? I mean if they did that, they wouldnt be able to put it back on (would they?).

Did you not read my post about company employees looking at this forum?

Too late. User info, - including system configuration, D.O.P., thread already forwarded to newegg reps :)

They'll be watching for an rma on the cpu / motherboard in question.

Pfft

so do you think they remove the metal top? If they did, would they be able to put it back on?

"So, dude I say just do it. It doesn't matter if you think it's right or not, it's your choice in the end."

Haha. I swear I'm not preaching. That sounds like what someone might say the first time they try crack. Lol "it doesn't matter if it's right or not..." hehe.. No that is really killing me.

I would love to see the police try to find the real person who uses this account...

I said that my opinion would be to do it, but ultimately it is his decision in the first place...

You can back pedal all you want.
You have instructed a minor to commit fraud.

I have already quoted you saying: "So, dude I say just do it.".
Your IP is known to this board, which the authorities can have.

you joking or for real?

Do I look / sound / read like I'm joking ? :mad:

Since he removed his system configuration from his sig

collection said:
System :
BenQ 20.1'' Monitor
Thermaltake Tsunami Black w/ Side Window
ASUS P5B Deluxe (w/o WiFi)
intel C2D e6600 @ stock for now
Corsair DDR2 800 RAM
SAPPHIRE X1950XT
Seagate 320GB PRT HDD

do you think newegg actually removes the top metal part of the CPU to check for fried things? I mean if they did that, they wouldnt be able to put it back on (would they?).

There is no need to remove the top to determine if a cpu is fried. YOU may not have a cpu tester. However, that does not mean multi-million dollar (if not possibly, billion dollar) companies such as newegg do not.

I have one, but, in all honesty, I find it easier to just throw a cpu into a mobo than to use my tester, unless I'm trying to test a BUNCH of cpus

collection said:
dude, im so freaked out I cant even tell, please tell me you didnt do what you said you did

Sorry. I can't support your potentially criminal activities, and, as a good citizen, it is my DUTY to make an attempt to PREVENT you from performing a criminal act before you attempt to do so.

This is getting out of hand.

PS: A friend and I have been following this thread, and my friend feels that everyone is taking this too personally.

dude, im so freaked out I cant even tell
please tell me you didnt do what you said you did
;_;

With $200 you can have your system checked for $35, and you can buy an e6300 or new motherboard with the remaining $165.

Don't make your life more complicated than it needs to be.

wow... my friend told me this forum would be helpful, im never coming back here again.

In all honesty this is the worst board ive ever been to... all i wanted was to know if newegg would accept my RMA, but what I got was 4 pages of mindless preaching and in the end, some guy sold me out to newegg and now I cant even RMA anymore
thanks guys, appreciate the help </endsarcasm>

We are helpful. You are asking us to approve of you commiting felony fraud. No illegal activities are supported on [H]ardforum, so I wish I could ask you to leave. I am going to PM a mod to close this thread, this is out of hand.

Bottom line:
DO NOT RMA something you have broken. It is not only immoral, but it is bad for everyone but you. Please do the right and moral thing, and simply troubleshoot the system, instead of trying to scam Newegg. At this point, they may catch you and press charges if you try. CyberDeus-RagDoll is 100% serious.

It's easy. They track the IP, find the time of the use, find out who was assigned the ip at that time, it's tied to an account at an ISP, and your exact address is up.

I unno about other police forces, but TPS does that.

maybe you shouldn't present it as "hmm do you guys think i'll be able to weasle my way into getting a brand new CPU for one i totally just messed up on my own?" do you think anyone wants to help you? no. this is a forum with a lot of honest people on it and a lot of people take it as offense when you are willing to LIE/CHEAT/STEAL to/from one of the large companies that many of us support. you need to grow up. i'm only seventeen years old and i think it's pretty ridiculous that you are surprised by how we reacted.

Too late. User info, - including system configuration, D.O.P., thread already forwarded to newegg reps :)

They'll be watching for an rma on the cpu / motherboard in question.

Pfft

this happened at a car forum i used to frequent. returning parts you ruin during install is uber weak.

i bet if you were honest and owned up with your parents they'd help you.

zv

Isn't it illegal to support illegal activities? I think it was in the user agreement here.

And I agree with you, ZV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back