am i understanding this right?

tokath

Limp Gawd
I just got my seasonic 500w s12 and I was reading the little manual and it says: (The rated oiwer will reduce from 100% to 80% from 40c to 50c). anyways i did a double take and im still not sure of my self ;) Is this saying what i think its saying? (that the s12's are rated at 40c and not the usual 25c) if so im ecstatic! (a 500w continuous load ps rated at 40c for under $150 :))

on a side note this is the first power supply ive owned that the air exhuasting actually felt somewhat cool.
not to mention with my somewhat :p limited testing ability (a brighton electronics model summet 45 multimeter) the voltage was spot on 5.0, 12.0, 12.0 (im not exactly sure atm where to measure the 3.3 on my board) and under load the 12v going to the mobo (note sure if its 1 or 2) varied by .01 which is within the accuracy of my multimeter.

That is what happens when you don't by an Ult........sorry shitty PSU.

tokath said:
(The rated power will reduce from 100% to 80% from 40c to 50c).

if thats a quote, thats how Id read it
it does claim 600 Watt continuous

Seasonics are favored supplies over at SPCR's forums for their great efficiency
and the S12 is impressive Lee Garbutt (one of the 3 competent reviewers I know of) did a review of it here
http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=106

lol spectre, thanks for the support :p (worst powersupply ive every owned would have to be an sl300 back in the p2/p3 days)

ok im glad i can actually read english (sometimes i really worry about myself)

Back