Amazon.com 60% off headphones

Not bad. The HD280 Pros and HD555s have been $100 for like a month or more though.

Good prices. Too bad their headsets aren't slashed as much as these are.

On some, not all, apparently. Most of them I've browsed are maybe 20% off.

Any of these headphones good for big heads and glasses?

Take a look at the bigger ones like Audio Technica ATH-AD700 (open cans).

I don't think a lot of these prices qualify as a discount though, because most of the ones I'm interested in have been at their respective prices for a while.

must be select models/brands, because most of the things i looked at were pretty much at normal prices.

Ultimate Ears IEMs are really pricey. When I bought Super.Fi 5 Pros last year, they were probably 40% cheaper......not sure why they went up so much......think I'll wait for 25 or 30% off on eBay and try the Triple.Fi IEMs

I would like to chime in guys.
I am a borderline audiophile and professional musician and if you don't mind I would like to recommend a set that I found to be superior to all for portable use, my choice is the Sennheiser PX100. It is on-ear-with-headband set with the sound quality second to none. For $37.50 they are fantastic. Keep in mind that on-ear design does not provide sound isolation of around-the-ear sets, but they will get loud if you choose to pump up the volume and will still sound awesome. Sennheiser also has closed design PX200 and I believe two models with dedicated noise cancellation PX150 and PX 250, I have not tried the other models, but I believe the characteristics should be similar.

For at-home use, I just recently bought Beyerdynamic DT880Pro from Amazon, I have not listened too much on them and they are not yet broken in properly, but so far they sound fantastic.

Amazon tends to have awesome unannounced deals, I usually place items of interest in my cart and wait for the price to drop, they give you a message when the price changes.

Happy shopping,
DK

Gonna get me some of those hard ar-se spelling Sennheiser ;)
champagne.gif

Thanks, OP. There are some good prices, but most are about the same Amazon's been selling them at for a while.

I'm looking for a good in-ear set among these. Any suggestions? Would be nice-to-have for it to have a mic for iPhone use, but not necessary... My Denon d2000s and ATH-ANC7s are too big for portable use.

In for some HD212pros ! (they left the pro off the name, but a non pro model doesnt exist). I hear they have awe inspiring bass while sounding good over the full range also. 46 shipped is more than $10 cheaper than what google brought up.

i have a fairly large head and glasses lol. I use the sennheisers hd 202 for gaming, and there so comfortable! i can wear them for hours. you just have to break them in once you get them :p. they dont seem to be on sale tho, 30$. Newegg has them for 24$ i believe. goodluck

I would like to chime in guys.
I am a borderline audiophile and professional musician and if you don't mind I would like to recommend a set that I found to be superior to all for portable use, my choice is the Sennheiser PX100. It is on-ear-with-headband set with the sound quality second to none. For $37.50 they are fantastic. Keep in mind that on-ear design does not provide sound isolation of around-the-ear sets, but they will get loud if you choose to pump up the volume and will still sound awesome. Sennheiser also has closed design PX200 and I believe two models with dedicated noise cancellation PX150 and PX 250, I have not tried the other models, but I believe the characteristics should be similar.

I would highly recommend the PX 100's as well. Found them on sale at a local sears for $30, and the sound quality is definitely the best bang for the buck I've ever heard.

I've got Senn Hd-485's and AT achn-700's (the noise cancelling cans) as well, but for the price the PX 100's are tough to beat.

I would highly recommend the PX 100's as well. Found them on sale at a local sears for $30, and the sound quality is definitely the best bang for the buck I've ever heard.

I've got Senn Hd-485's and AT achn-700's (the noise cancelling cans) as well, but for the price the PX 100's are tough to beat.

+1 for the PX100's. They're nice, they're lightweight, and give great sound for not that bad of a price.

As a big head person with glasses, I must say the noise canceling, ear swallowing, can variety kind work best since they don't put any pressure at all on the ears. Ones that clamp onto my ears seem to slowly make them hurt against the plastic behind the ear glasses hook whatever the heck you call em thingies.

Thanks, I got some earbuds for work and some cans for home use.

Back