Amazon.com - Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (360, PS3) - $56.99 & $20 Future Credit

s0ccermike4

Limp Gawd
Link

Pre-order Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Limited Edition (360, PS3) for $56.99 from Amazon.com and receive $20 towards a future video game purchase. Check the link above for details.

For those like me that already had a pre-order through Amazon.com, the $20 promotion credit will still be honored. I know for certain because I contacted Amazon.com to confirm the promotional statement "Promotion valid on all existing pre-orders."

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I just cannot get in tune with this 50 bucks for PC games....glad I got in on the 20 dollar pre order a few days ago. Thanks for the post.

I just cannot get in tune with this 50 bucks for PC games....glad I got in on the 20 dollar pre order a few days ago. Thanks for the post.

Your order didn't get canceled like everyone else?

Also, aren't virtually all big pc games $50 at launch and for at least the first entire year? :eek:

The $20 pre-order got canceled?

And you know this for fact?

I was charged the $24 dollars or so with shipping days ago and am told my order ships on or around the 3rd of March.

The other guy didn't mention anything about his order being canceled.

Are you just assuming? What do you know that I don't?

The $20 pre-order got canceled?

And you know this for fact?

I was charged the $24 dollars or so with shipping days ago and am told my order ships on or around the 3rd of March.

The other guy didn't mention anything about his order being canceled.

Are you just assuming? What do you know that I don't?

I thought in the thread everyone said their orders got canceled and they got a $5 gift card for compensation? maybe I missed something...

Now you got me worried. I got in on that 20 bucks deal and i got confirmation email, but no $5 gift card and no cancellation email yet.

Ummm ... yeah. Can someone provide a link to the thread that was moved?

I'm not exactly worried bout my $24+ dollars but I certainly do not want to be left out of the loop with not being notified, not being refunded and to a degree not getting the $5 dollar gift card / credit.

I ordered right away. Maybe some of us are getting the game.

Sadly, I can't afford $50 dollars anytime soon.

Ummm ... yeah. Can someone provide a link to the thread that was moved?

I'm not exactly worried bout my $24+ dollars but I certainly do not want to be left out of the loop with not being notified, not being refunded and to a degree not getting the $5 dollar gift card / credit.

I ordered right away. Maybe some of us are getting the game.

Sadly, I can't afford $50 dollars anytime soon.
Cancel your Bad Company 2 Preorders... This one's $19.99 @ Barnes & Noble

My credit card had a pending charge up until yesterday morning, at which point it was removed completely. I did receive an e-mail for the $5 gift card, but my my order is still in the system according to B&N's website. According to what I have seen, no one has received an official cancellation e-mail, but all of the signs point heavily towards a huge pricing error and cancellation on all associated orders.

In all honesty, I'm not sure what people expected out of all of this. $20 is below what the retailer pays for the game so B&N would be taking a complete loss on each unit sold. For a couple of minutes worth of my time, I have received a $5 gift card - I can't complain.

I guess I just expected the price listed to be the price they wanted.

My cost was $24 or 25 dollars shipped. I already have a good guess at what the wholesale unit price is, and that's around $32 to $36 dollars.

I also know that Bad Company 2 has an in-game online store where you use real money to purchase virtual items.

A lot of companies will push out x-amount of units in "special deals" if they agree to set pricing etc in order to stimulate the market into reviling consumer data they might want to see sooner rather than later.

Is this the first FPS game with an in-game online store? For EA at least? I don't know. If it's not, it's one of the first.

In short, I can think of some reasons where this might be a legit deal.

But, no, I'm not surprised it was a pricing error.

Not only did my order NOT get canceled but received an order confirmation and shipping date yesterday! Not sure if that deal was posted here or not but it was truly [H]ot

Too much talk about the PC deals. Make another thread.

On topic, this is the best pre-order deal I've seen for the console versions of BFBC2 thus far.

Too bad this deal is not available on amazon.ca

I already bought the pre-order on steam for PC, but i also need a copy for PS3 since many of my friends have crappy PC's, and thus use PS3.
Sucks that it costs more on PS3 then on PC, that is the best console deal i have seen so far.

They're not shipping you BFBC2 for $20, sorry.

Anyways, good pre-order deal from amazon, as usual.

Yeah my B&N order got canceled to...expected it. I didn't even get the GC :(

I bit on this for the same price as the B&N pre order...it was $26 after tax for me from B&N and this (after $20 credit that I'll for sure use) is only $27 after tax...so win for me :)

Still time to pick this up, ordered my copy earlier in the day. Thanks for the post OP

Back