Amazon.com - Logitech Z-5500 THX $185.99!!!

$185 + $40 shipping = $226.

Moderately warm I guess. I got them for $220 with free shipping a couple years ago from Amazon.

I got these for $175ish shipped AR a few months ago. Seems kind of cold to me.

I got mine from Buy.com last week for just under $200 with free shipping, there are definitely hotter deals to be had on these babies...

got mine from Buy.com for around 169.00 shipped (after $50.00 rebate, which I received last week).

Looks like a marketing scheme by Amazon, because I've seen these with free shipping on the site in the past.

If this was shipped, I'd say it's a good deal.

I tried looking for a free shipping coupon to use with these speakers but no such luck. I bought a camera and 2gb sd chip instead.

Amazon seems to have taken off free shipping on a whole lot of items recently. Most of their HDTV's used to have free shipping but no longer.

Amazon seems to have taken off free shipping on a whole lot of items recently. Most of their HDTV's used to have free shipping but no longer.

They'd have to be significantly cheaper on a TV to make it worth buying from them, especially since it's much harder to deal with a problem display when you ordered online.

Last year, when I was shopping around for a 70" XBR2 for my Dad, I ended up buying from One Call. For whatever reason, they were selling the set at or below eBay prices (and Onecall is an authorized online dealer) and shipping was free (unlike the eBay sellers). Then I got them to price match Crutchfield on the stand (I was shocked that Crutchfield was below retail).

If he'd had to pay for shipping it still would have been worth it, but the set was selling for something like $4000, while B&M's wanted between 5k and 6k + tax.

That's the kind of deal that makes the online purchase worth potentially extra hassle.

It appears that Logitech is about to release a replacement for the Z5500. I can't wait.

Back