Amazon Kindle Fire Sales Slump after Christmas

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The act that the Kindle Fire put on in its sales figures for the Christmas season was a hard one to follow, even for the Kindle Fire itself. The Kindle set record sales and became the highest selling Android tablet ever, but since reaching the top, the Fire has experienced a steady decline. As a result of the turndown, Amazon is scaling back its stock of the Fire.

Since, the retailer Target no longer sells the Kindle Fire (they're now ipad friendly), where can one purchase them? WalMart? Costco? Best Buys? Other than Amazon.com... I fail to fully understand the news flash provided from Hardocp.com concerning the slump. News Flash... Kindle will be selling a larger 10 inch version of their Fire. The question is: how much and whom will be selling them retail. ;)

Tablets are suppose to take over the world. Isn't that the reason why Microsoft is making a crappy Windows 8, and why Ubuntu has Unity?

Oh wait, Apple sold record sales with the iPad. EVERYONE STOP WHAT YOU'RE FUCKING DOING AND MAKE TALBETS!

it's not just the slowdown of the kindle.
it's the gain of the ipad. People expect the ipad to increase share this quarter.

also, the Fire slowed down way more than the ipad after xmas.
80% slowdown for the Fire. 4.8 million >> 750k
20% slowdown for the ipad, if you consider that people stopped buying ipad to wait for ipad3. 15.4 million >> 11.8 million.

The act that the Kindle Fire put on in its sales figures for the Christmas season was a hard one to follow, even for the Kindle Fire itself. The Kindle set record sales and became the highest selling Android tablet ever, but since reaching the top, the Fire has experienced a steady decline. As a result of the turndown, Amazon is scaling back its stock of the Fire.

Me no care about Big Corp's internal financial problems and how many millions of units Big Corp A vs Big Corp B sold.

What I do care is that I got a $139 Android tablet, then rooted and Ice Cream Sandwich installed and it does everything for.. $139

I'm surprised this thing has even sold as well as it has with all these cheap ass PlayBooks and TouchPads these days! Both being far superior and the same price range.

Sad that people are too lazy to research for like 30 minutes and look at other alternatives.

Interested in a Tablet, the Playbook and Touchpad both seem a little pricier than the Kindle Fire, whats the upside to either?

Interested in a Tablet, the Playbook and Touchpad both seem a little pricier than the Kindle Fire, whats the upside to either?

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1672870

That's my mini-review on the PlayBook. Honestly the best tablet I've ever owned and the first tablet that I am completely satisfied with. With every tablet I've owned it always got to that point where I was like "time to try something new!". With the PlayBook that isn't the case.

I still after 3 months of owning it find myself using it daily. Its especially a nice tablet for laying in bed. Great e-reader and the full on Flash 11.2 as well as the simply awesome speakers make it the perfect media tablet. Watching videos online has never been as enjoyable!

Anyways I'll shut up now...I could go on and on!

This just in, the sudden sales of everything over Christmas holidays have suddenly slumped for some unknown reason, sales experts reckon the end of the holiday season and January sales are somehow involved:eek:

The problem with Kindle sales, may have more to do with the fact that there is a Kindle app for PC, Android, Blackberry, iOS, and even WinMo. Who needs an actual Kindle, Fire, or otherwise, anymore? You can read your books on pretty much any mobile device or desktop out there.

you know i could be wrong but after xmas things do sell less cause well its no longer xmas

i could be wrong though but i know im not lol

They should add in a microSD slot. That would make the Fire a lot more tempting, at least to me.

I'm surprised this thing has even sold as well as it has with all these cheap ass PlayBooks and TouchPads these days! Both being far superior and the same price range.

Sad that people are too lazy to research for like 30 minutes and look at other alternatives.

Meh... depends on intended usage. I have a Touchpad from the firesale and love it (especially with ICS), but my wife wanted a Fire for her birthday for the size and portability. It's easier for her to carry in her purse, and smaller for holding while reading books. So far she has been using it almost every day since we got it around the first of April and loves it.

Personally, I'm fine reading on the Touchpad as I don't feel like it is too big. Besides, it works better for reading technical book PDFs (VMWare, MCITP, etc.) than the smaller 7" screen size in my opinion.

Of course, didn't hurt that we bought it refurbished to save a few bucks. Honestly, I don't see why anyone would buy a new version vs refurbished considering they still come with the 1 year warranty, 1 month of Prime, etc...

Back