Amazon Prime Now Offers One-Hour Alcohol Delivery In Manhattan

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you need incentive to move to Seattle or Manhattan, this is it. You can order alcohol at the end of you work day and, in most cases, have it waiting for you by the time you get home. :cool:

One-hour delivery of beer, wine and spirits costs $7.99. It’s free to members of Amazon’s $99 annual Prime loyalty program who can handle a two-hour wait. Alcohol is one of 4,000 new items the online retailer just added to its Prime Now delivery, in addition to toys, electronics, wrapping paper and baking supplies.

I gotta say, Amazon is pretty amazing. Just think of the number of dui's this will cut down on.
On a related note, who doesn't love Sunday prime deliveries. Freaking awesome if you ask me.

Well shit, neighbor and I had been talking last week about starting a mobile liqour store or delivery service here in Vegas.

Pfft. That's messed up. If I'm drunk and run out of booze, I can drive to the liquor store and back in 30 minutes or less (depending on how fast I'm going). Plus, I can always drink it on the drive home.

A bartender can be charged with a crime for serving alcohol to someone who has had too much to drink and hurts someone as a result. Will Amazon be criminally liable for delivering alcohol to someone who hurts someone after having too much to drink?

A bartender can be charged with a crime for serving alcohol to someone who has had too much to drink and hurts someone as a result. Will Amazon be criminally liable for delivering alcohol to someone who hurts someone after having too much to drink?

Are you crazy? What kind of question is that?
Of course they will, this is 'murica! It's always someone else's fault.

I dont see how? I mean your free to buy cases of booze at once from the liqueur store so this is not any different except you can order online and get it delivered.

They are one step closer to becoming the ACME Company from the Road Runner cartoons!

I wonder what their delivery hours are. Can you get a bottle of tequila delivered at 3am after the beer keg is...tapped?

Pfft. That's messed up. If I'm drunk and run out of booze, I can drive to the liquor store and back in 30 minutes or less (depending on how fast I'm going). Plus, I can always drink it on the drive home.

In most states, the average person will be over the legal limit in 1 or 2 beers.

I therefor support this, its a great idea, next up. . . UberBoozs

In most states, the average person will be over the legal limit in 1 or 2 beers.

I therefor support this, its a great idea, next up. . . UberBoozs

Maybe if you are under 100 pounds. Most certainly doesn't apply in the drinking state (Missouri).

Back