Amazon: Sandisk Extreme SSD 240GB $154.99

I purchased a 240 GB yesterday on Amazon, happy to have a big drive for Steam and other stuff now... using Crucial M4 for OS since January, love it!!!

I think in a month or two, say the end of October or early November we're gonna see a cut throat market on SSD's and HDD's.

Seagate, for real might have to give theirs away. I bought a 1TB in Jan 2011 and it seems ok.

But, the newer ones are getting horrid reliability reviews. Because of this I have not bought the 2TB at $99.

I sure wish I'd got the $119 Staples deal...I have a 750 GB and a 240 to move the system to would give me about 1TB to play with until someone gets their act together.

It seems to me Western Digital is playing "Intel" with their drives. The Blacks are nice, seem reliable, but $199 for a 2TB. Seagate is just being lazy & cheap about the whole deal.

At $150 it is tempting, but I just don't have to have it and time is on my side. Someday we'll be buying 1TB SSD's for $150.

lifted from techbargains.com --

Linky

Adorama has low prices on the following Sandisk Extreme Solid State Drives (SSDs). Tax in NY. There are rated as one of the fastest SSDs available. Features Toggle NAND and the newest Sandforce controller and speeds of up to 550MB/s read and up to 510MB/s write. [Compare Prices]

SanDisk Extreme 120GB Solid State Drive (SSD) $77.00 Free Shipping
SanDisk Extreme 240GB Solid State Drive (SSD) $149.00 Free Shipping
SanDisk Extreme 480GB Solid State Drive (SSD) $339.00 Free Shipping

I'm confused.

Your link gives prices of 120GB for $129.00, 240GB for $249.00, and 480GB for $429.00.

Did the prices change so quickly or am I looking at the wrong drives? :confused:

I'm confused.

Your link gives prices of 120GB for $129.00, 240GB for $249.00, and 480GB for $429.00.

Did the prices change so quickly or am I looking at the wrong drives? :confused:

yeah that was for yesterday. I should of bought it but, oh well.

I'm confused.

The prices all jumped back up. Newegg did too, they are now $150 for the 120GB, $240 for the 240GB, and (oddly) $350 for the 480GB.

Had to manually initialize it but working great. Using it as a game drive. Had the newest firmware already installed.

There will be another, even more insane deal next week. Just like this deal was more insane than the deal the week before, and that deal was more insane than the deal two weeks ago...

There will be another, even more insane deal next week. Just like this deal was more insane than the deal the week before, and that deal was more insane than the deal two weeks ago...
I already have 4 (3 in RAID0 + a back-up clone) but my back-up clone drive has gotten a little too small.

I'll wait for the next crazy deal. :)

Back