Amazon to Let Shoppers Pay with a Phrase

HardOCP News

[H] News
Amazon has announced a new system that lets you “pay with a phrase.” I don't know about you but my phrase is going to be “free!”

The online retailer has debuted a new feature called Amazon PayPhrase, designed to let busy shoppers store their name, address, and payment information in a single phrase and pin code. Instead of entering all that data at the online checkout counter, you type your phrase and pin number when it's time to cough up the cash.

Like it's hard now. It keeps all the info, just not using a "phrase"

I have a pretty God damn long poem by Saul Williams memorized. I'd probably use the whole damn thing for UBERSECURITY.

Bring it on, Amazon.

Another company trying to get more customers and dumbing things down. LOL security through ineptitude.

I'll continue to use one-time ccard numbers and just type it all in. Lets me sleep at night. Lookup shopsafe from BoA (originally with MBNA).

And then there were 10,000 accounts with the phrase "Password"...

I'm thinking like most where this is the same as username and password, but they're calling it phrase and PIN. Note to Amazon: 6 = half a dozen. ;)

It's amazing how fast and easy they're making online shopping - one-click buying in particular stands out for me. Of course, the faster and easier you make it, the less potential there is for consideration and more potential for second thoughts. It's extremely clear that this is a lot less about making customers happy, and a lot more about fostering a culture of impulse buying.

It's amazing how fast and easy they're making online shopping - one-click buying in particular stands out for me. Of course, the faster and easier you make it, the less potential there is for consideration and more potential for second thoughts. It's extremely clear that this is a lot less about making customers happy, and a lot more about fostering a culture of impulse buying.

*winner*

This is it in a nutshell.

I wish people would stop calling it a personal identification number number. :rolleyes:

I agree 100%. I get riled up when someone says, "I entered my PIN number at the ATM machine." They must have failed their "SAT test" and are now working for the Department of Redundancy Department. :rolleyes:

I agree 100%. I get riled up when someone says, "I entered my PIN number at the ATM machine." They must have failed their "SAT test" and are now working for the Department of Redundancy Department. :rolleyes:

D'oh! I see what you did there!

I wish people would stop calling it a personal identification number number. :rolleyes:
Just like a "NIC card." It's going to always be like that until the end of time and beyond. Unfortunately, it's here to stay. :(

Just like a "NIC card." It's going to always be like that until the end of time and beyond. Unfortunately, it's here to stay. :(

That's what happens when Acronyms save meaning for convenience. When you need to transmit meaning, you "screw up". Same stupid story here.

Back