Amazon TV Series Blu-ray Sale - Breaking Bad, True Blood, Entourage, BoB + more

ScratchDrive

Limp Gawd
Amazon.com TV Series Blu-ray Sale

All prices include free super saver shipping.(or 2-day shipping with Prime)

* Breaking Bad Season 1 $14 shipped
* Hung Season 1 $19 shipped
* Entourage: Season 6 [Blu-ray] $19 shipped
* Bored to Death Season 1 $21.50 shipped
* True Blood: Season 2 [Blu-ray] $29 shipped
* The Sopranos: Season 6 Part 2 $29 shipped
* Generation Kill $31 shipped
* Band of Brothers [Blu-ray] $36 shipped
* Rome: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] $64 shipped
* Deadwood: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] $94 shipped

All prices include free shipping.
***12/23/2010: John Wayne: Ultimate Collection (25 movies) - $4.99 shipped w/ free $5.00 movie/tv video on demand credit

Breaking Bad is one of the best TV series I have ever seen, I definitely recommend watching that show for sure and I can't wait for the new season. Band of Brothers is also a classic series.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
there is also a few more series on sale now

Rome: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] $64 shipped
Deadwood: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] $94 shipped

There's just so much there of which I've not seen a single frame...

I watched Breaking Bad, and it's decent. I like Bryan Cranston.

Entourage: People like this show? :(

True Blood: I like sci-fi, fantasy, fiction, the undead (but NOT anything resembling TWILIGHT)... Is this something I want to watch?

The others: so much goddam TV out there... ridiculous... but I DO feel like buying some Blu-Rays this season, even if they end up being for friends/guests, so I'll look into them.

I hear Rome is pretty awesome, and the cinematography for it is insane. Not to mention it was millions to make, like one of those really good movies...

I saw true blood, not bad.. I haven't watched enough to judge though.

Too bad they don't have House.

True Blood: I like sci-fi, fantasy, fiction, the undead (but NOT anything resembling TWILIGHT)... Is this something I want to watch?

The others: so much goddam TV out there... ridiculous... but I DO feel like buying some Blu-Rays this season, even if they end up being for friends/guests, so I'll look into them.

No. True Blood went bad quickly and stayed there. Turned into a surreal soap opera.

Breaking bad was entertaining but the character writing just isn't on par with Mad Men or Boardwalk Empire - they constantly do things that defy logic in order to service plot.

edit: BoB is really tempting at that price. Rome is totally worth it as well.

I hear Rome is pretty awesome, and the cinematography for it is insane. Not to mention it was millions to make, like one of those really good movies...

I saw true blood, not bad.. I haven't watched enough to judge though.

Too bad they don't have House.

Yeah, Rome has well done cinematography for sure. House is also another fav I wish they had too. TV was sucking there for a few years but now we have a bunch of good shows that I cannot even watch them all since there are so many.

The 23rd most popular purchase in their TV deals is the second season of Boy Meets World.

No. True Blood went bad...
Breaking bad was entertaining but the character writing just isn't on par...

...Rome is totally worth it as well.

Hmm... ok... avoiding True Blood.

Maybe I'll finally get BoB - never liked war-cinema, but others in the house will like it, and perhaps I will as well.

I saw 3-4 episodes of Breaking Bad, and they were entertaining. I didn't watch enough to really judge the entire series, but I just asked a friend, and he tells me that what I saw was some of the best of the series (1st episode, bath-tub HF incident, hispanic guy in basement).

Then I'll look into Rome, and I'm done :)

True Blood kicks ass - The main vamp (Bill Compton) in an interview described the kid from Twilight as the pussy of vampires.... True Blood is good.

Breaking Bad is honestly one of the best shows I've ever seen, and I don't watch many TV shows... that guy is just thread crapping and being another "expert critic" around here.

True Blood I cannot vouch for as I haven't watched it a lot, but I've heard its pretty good from many people whom do watch it faithfully. So really, I truly can't recommend it but lots of people have to me.

I'm fustrated that Breaking Bad was postponed to Spring 2011. Definitely in my top two favorite shows with Burn Notice.

Hmm... ok... avoiding True Blood.

Maybe I'll finally get BoB - never liked war-cinema, but others in the house will like it, and perhaps I will as well.

I saw 3-4 episodes of Breaking Bad, and they were entertaining. I didn't watch enough to really judge the entire series, but I just asked a friend, and he tells me that what I saw was some of the best of the series (1st episode, bath-tub HF incident, hispanic guy in basement).

Then I'll look into Rome, and I'm done :)

Exactly. The start of season 1 was really well done but they just couldn't maintain it at all.

Breaking Bad is honestly one of the best shows I've ever seen, and I don't watch many TV shows... that guy is just thread crapping and being another "expert critic" around here.

True Blood I cannot vouch for as I haven't watched it a lot, but I've heard its pretty good from many people whom do watch it faithfully. So really, I truly can't recommend it but lots of people have to me.

Nope, just giving my opinion to someone who asked. You say it's one of the best shows you've ever seen and in the same sentence mention you haven't seen much. Then, you go on to call me pretentious for not liking it. Grats, your post gets two fingers way, way up.

Read up again, as I never once called you pretentious..... I don't know what sky you pulled that out of, but it sure wasn't any sky here on earth.

Lastly, nobody actually did "ask for your opinion", so you came in and thread crapped like I calmly mentioned, and pointed out. No harm done, just saying you sound a little too much into it like siskal and eebert or whatever their name is :D . Cheers

True Blood kicks ass - The main vamp (Bill Compton) in an interview described the kid from Twilight as the pussy of vampires.... True Blood is good.

I agree, not a big vamp genre fan but True Blood is a great show.

I don't get the vampire craze either :rolleyes: but it's hell of a lot more cool than that lameass Twilight

just saying you sound a little too much into it like siskal and eebert or whatever their name is :D . Cheers
Sorry if I misunderstood, but critics are often thought of as "overthinking" and being a bit pretentious. I might overthink a bit but I enjoy silly raw entertainment as much as the next guy as long as it's honest about it. Breaking bad, however, was not honest about it. I forget the guest director this last season that did an entire episode about a fly, but that was pretty much the epitome of what I'm talking about.

Lastly, nobody actually did "ask for your opinion"...

True Blood: ... Is this something I want to watch?.

Breaking Bad is indeed some of the best television out there.

I also vote for Rome.

True Blood is kinda mediocre when I think about it, however, I have watched every episode.

I'm surprised not much is said about Deadwood, what a fucking EXCELLENT series.

Man if you don't watch Deadwood you're really missing out on a very very excellent series that got cancelled before it's time.

It's kinda frustrating how good shows get cancelled.

I can also offer up another series for those of you who like Breaking Bad

The Wire, a really really good often overlooked, yet critically acclaimed series.

just look it up on wikipedia and read about it a little, it's VERY much worth watching, it has great acting, a great story and it really puts you in there.

I can also offer up another series for those of you who like Breaking Bad

The Wire, a really really good often overlooked, yet critically acclaimed series.

just look it up on wikipedia and read about it a little, it's VERY much worth watching, it has great acting, a great story and it really puts you in there.

The wire is probably one of my favorite shows. Followed by Mad Men followed closely by Deadwood. I JUST watched boardwalk empire but it is up there. Need a repeat viewing before I place it in the flow chart. :D

The wire is probably one of my favorite shows. Followed by Mad Men followed closely by Deadwood. I JUST watched boardwalk empire but it is up there. Need a repeat viewing before I place it in the flow chart. :D

well if you liked The Wire, then I know for sure you will like Breaking Bad

Geez... Attean, and everyone else, is entitled to personal opinions... I actually found his critique useful because he pointed out what he thought was a specific deficit in character development.

It just happens to be that my former roommate agrees with Attean concerning Breaking Bad, and I tend to share a similar taste, so that show will not be a priority (though I may borrow his Blu-Ray and sample it - my old roommate still said the show was "good enough to watch.")

Thanks for all the feedback, and thanks for posting the deals, OP.

Geez... Attean, and everyone else, is entitled to personal opinions... I actually found his critique useful because he pointed out what he thought was a specific deficit in character development.

It just happens to be that my former roommate agrees with Attean concerning Breaking Bad, and I tend to share a similar taste, so that show will not be a priority (though I may borrow his Blu-Ray and sample it - my old roommate still said the show was "good enough to watch.")

Thanks for all the feedback, and thanks for posting the deals, OP.

Well, let me say this

Breaking Bad Season One really got things going, Season 2 was a big improvement over season 1, and Season 3 was even better than seasons 1 and 2 combined except for one episode that felt like filler, Fly.

Unlike a lot of shows *cough TRUE BLOOD cough*, you really do get a good payoff from sticking with Breaking Bad, same kind of payoff you get from watching The Wire

well if you liked The Wire, then I know for sure you will like Breaking Bad

Despite my very loud complaints. I have seen every episode. Haha. I just felt betrayed because they took what was a great setup and ran it through the mud a bit in season 2 and 3 with some contrived bullshit. Little bitter but it's not like you can just watch season 1 and then stop, although Dexter I've completely given up on for the same reason. It just took me a few seasons to finally give up all hope.

If I could go back in time and tell myself to not watch season 1 because the characters would become prostitutes in season 2 I might not have started is what I'm sayin.

Totally agree with Fail, to a T. Esp about that single crap episode in BB. The ending of the last season has me waiting the most.

Despite my very loud complaints. I have seen every episode. Haha. I just felt betrayed because they took what was a great setup and ran it through the mud a bit in season 2 and 3 with some contrived bullshit. Little bitter but it's not like you can just watch season 1 and then stop, although Dexter I've completely given up on for the same reason. It just took me a few seasons to finally give up all hope.

You really didn't like season 3? What didn't you like about it? I'm genuinely curious and not looking to start an argument.

You really didn't like season 3? What didn't you like about it? I'm genuinely curious and not looking to start an argument.

I hate everybody and most of their actions seem unrealistic, Mexican brothers were super generic

edit: and the fly episode was the worst shit of all time. It seems like it's running out of steam and slowly turning into a soap opera. I hate seeing good series do that when they could just end them gracefully.

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure what to say, I just took the show at face value instead of trying to read too much into it all. Just like a lot of shows do, things DO tend to work out a little too neatly. It's shows like The Wire where shit goes bad, it stays bad, there's no last minute reprieves and stuff.

I think that's what you're really looking at when you watch Breaking Bad, you're hoping to see people get whacked and see consequences.

Honestly I think watching The Wire really spoiled us, after watching that show, I can understand how hard it would be to watch a similiar type show like Breaking Bad and not get a lot out of it other than the basic premise.

You have to have consequences to really appreciate a show I guess.

Let me know if my post hits the mark, or maybe try to expand a little more on what you're saying, either way would be great.

I'm not quite sure what to say, I just took the show at face value instead of trying to read too much into it all. Just like a lot of shows do, things DO tend to work out a little too neatly. It's shows like The Wire where shit goes bad, it stays bad, there's no last minute reprieves and stuff.

I think that's what you're really looking at when you watch Breaking Bad, you're hoping to see people get whacked and see consequences.

Honestly I think watching The Wire really spoiled us, after watching that show, I can understand how hard it would be to watch a similiar type show like Breaking Bad and not get a lot out of it other than the basic premise.

You have to have consequences to really appreciate a show I guess.

Let me know if my post hits the mark, or maybe try to expand a little more on what you're saying, either way would be great.

Precisely. Check out Boardwalk Empire, I think you'll like it.

Precisely. Check out Boardwalk Empire, you'll enjoy the hell out of it.

One step ahead of you, I love it. Great series, really all it took to get me to watch BE was seeing that Steve Buscemi in it. Steve is the motherfucking man :cool:

You seen Sons of Anarchy? I happen to like it, although season 3 was kind of a drag . . . but the season finale restored my hope.

BTW, on the topic of Dexter, I thought season 4 was really well done, did you not like that season?

One step ahead of you, I love it. Great series, really all it took to get me to watch BE was seeing that Steve Buscemi in it. Steve is the motherfucking man :cool:

You seen Sons of Anarchy? I happen to like it, although season 3 was kind of a drag . . . but the season finale restored my hope.

BTW, on the topic of Dexter, I thought season 4 was really well done, did you not like that season?

Nope season 4 came back. Killing Rita + John Lithgow ftw. But season 5 has so far reclaimed all the ground they regained and then some. We have a new Rita and a comical villain and harry is so amazingly obnoxious.

Season 5 sucked, I won't dispute that at all

My ranking of Dexter is season 4,1,5,2,3 in order of best to worst.

Oh well . . .

Burn Notice is a show I've liked nearly episode of, there's not really any absolutely awful episodes in that series. It's just a fun show to watch.

I'll have to check it out.
1>4 Don't watch the rest. :D Season 2 was pretty abysmal ("PARDON MY TITS") and I have to actually try to remember what happened in season 3. That one was pretty bad.

I'll have to check it out.
1>4 Don't watch the rest. :D Season 2 was pretty abysmal ("PARDON MY TITS") and I have to actually try to remember what happened in season 3. That one was pretty bad.

we can agree to disagree, I thought season 4 was far better than season 1, the gap was pretty big.

Ok well

here's the shows I watch in no particular order

Burn Notice
Sons of Anarchy
House
Dexter
Boardwalk Empire
The Sopranos
Deadwood
Rome
Spartacus: Blood and Sand (a serious guilty pleasure, mindless entertainment)
Prison Break (first season was great, all downhill from there)
The Unit (loved this show)
Oz (ever seen Oz?)
The Shield (seen the first 2 seasons, haven't gotten around to watching more of them)
The Tudors (very very solid show, especially the first 2 seasons)
True Blood (each season finale has sucked absolute ass, but for some reason I still like this show)
Breaking Bad
The Walking Dead

jesus, i watch too much TV

I also didn't mention Firefly, but . . . . . :D

Back