AMD 5000 X2 black on sale at Newegg

oboyco

Gawd
Just got an email from Newegg for the AMD 5000 black edition CPU for $81.99, with a promo code for $10 off that. This is one smoking hot deal.

BTW I ordered the Arctic 64 cooler for $19.99 before it went up in price for this CPU.

If only they made that on a socket 939.... I'd be all over this. :( I'm stuck on my crappy opty 165 that can only overclock to 2.1ghz.

code: EMCAGBABF for $10 off.

black has unlocked multipliers minus HSF ie make sure you either have 1 ready or buy it.

Every Black Edition 5000+ that I've overclocked was easily able to hit 3.1 GHz (minimum), with standard voltage, and an ordinary heat sink / cooling fan.

It's a darn good deal.

I've been on a 3800+ x2 for about a year and a half now, would this better a choice or maybe a 6400+? This deal is hot and I want to upgrade to something soon.

Unless you are planning to use the stock HSF that 5000+ Black is smoking. I just ordered one with the combo on the Corsair 520HX for an extra $20 off. If you are happy with simple plug and play, stock HSF, etc the 6000+ is similiarly hot.

If only they made that on a socket 939.... I'd be all over this. :( I'm stuck on my crappy opty 165 that can only overclock to 2.1ghz.

LOL! I remember like it was yesterday when the 165's were all the rage! Damn...

i have one right now that i am using on a mini-atx asus m2n motherboard that has no real overclocking options and a crappy compusa HSF, until my sythe ninja mini gets here... and it is running at 3.0ghz

its a great cpu, however i would rather have that 6000+ X2 if it is a lower watt cpu

i have one right now that i am using on a mini-atx asus m2n motherboard that has no real overclocking options and a crappy compusa HSF, until my sythe ninja mini gets here... and it is running at 3.0ghz

its a great cpu, however i would rather have that 6000+ X2 if it is a lower watt cpu
that's a good question. which cpu needs less power?

yes but the 5000+ BE @3.0ghz stock Vcore and the 6000+ X2 at 3.0 stock vcore

Code:
[U]X2 5000+ BE     | X2 6000+      [/U]
Socket AM2      | Socket AM2
65w             | 125w
65nm            | 90nm
1.35v           | 1.4v
2.6 GHz         | 3.0 GHz
2X 512KB L2     | 2X 1MB L2
Unlocked Multi  | Locked Multi
No Heatsink     | Heatsink

Bought this when it was $99 from the Egg back in Jan. Great processor, overclockable, runs cool--can't go wrong with this purchase. I may get another one soon for my home server.

How much of a step up would this be to replace my current system. Newegg has the combo for this processor plus 2 gigs of DDR2 ram. If I get another 2 gigs and a motherboard and fan its just under $250.

Would that be a deal? A comparable Intel system would cost twice that wouldn't it?

The 15$ off code for 5000+ thus making it $67 is CPU6915 OR pay $82 and get the "free" 2 Gig of PC2-6400 GSKILL RAM with average 5-5-5-15 timings

With the $15 saved, this savings should go into a heatsink since it doesnt have one if buying a new system

EMCAGBABC = $40 off
Now is this the Black processor? Because my dad ordered a combo with case and such at tiger which listed the Black edition 6400 and he got the normal green and white box. I have never seen any black edition 6400s in a black box like all the other cpus have so I was just curious.

how is the ram free?

What do you mean how is the ram free? You ad the combo to the cart and the total is $81.99. The processor by itself is $81.99. Unless I'm doing something wrong. It says combo discount = 44.99 which is the price of the ram. :confused:

The 15$ off code for 5000+ thus making it $67 is CPU6915 OR pay $82 and get the "free" 2 Gig of PC2-6400 GSKILL RAM with average 5-5-5-15 timings

With the $15 saved, this savings should go into a heatsink since it doesnt have one if buying a new system

So that ram won't get the processor to 3ghz is what you are saying? It's so crappy that saving the $44 on it isn't as good of a deal as buying a $15 heatsink and fan?

Well thats a flop. This is what it says for the 6400
This promo code you entered is only available for specific programs.
are you signed up for the newegg newsletter?

anyone have any idea about how long this will last? I'm going back and forth about if I want to build a HTPC or just stick with my xbox.

that really sucks man because my opty 165 at 2.7 on stock air is still holding its own at most everything i do with it. i really dont have any desire for a faster cpu right now....

What do you mean how is the ram free? You ad the combo to the cart and the total is $81.99. The processor by itself is $81.99. Unless I'm doing something wrong. It says combo discount = 44.99 which is the price of the ram. :confused:

yeah i got it awhile ago just picked the wrong processor

that really sucks man because my opty 165 at 2.7 on stock air is still holding its own at most everything i do with it. i really dont have any desire for a faster cpu right now....

had an opeteron 165 w/ DFI ultra-d and DD watercooling and i got to 3.3hz i only upgraded=sidegrated because DDR2 is sooo cheap. it would have cost me way more at the time to upgrade my ram than sell my stuff and upgrade everything.... got to love 4gb of RAM for around $50 :)

SC385, it has been my experience that when a very nice deal comes along, one shouldn't hesitate to buy. The date for the promo code expires 6/16 according to the website. Granted better deals may become available as time goes on, but that is the nature of the PC world.

It can go out of stock very quickly sometimes. I was going to buy this at $87 but they were oos two days ago. Got an auto notify the next day saying they were in stock again. I immediately ordered it, that morning, and to my dismay found the newsletter with the discount that afternoon.

Got onto live chat with a Newegg rep and they credited $10 to my account with another $5 off my next purchase. Newegg customer service is without a doubt the best anywhere on the internet! And I have dealt with them a lot in the past few years, with a few DOA's etc. always replaced the items with a free return shipping label for UPS.

Back