Weaksauce
it's an newcastle core (S754)\

It runs idle at: 18 degrees celcius
with cpu burn after half an hour 31 degrees celcius

measured with mbm5 en msi's latest version of corecenter

btw it's oc'ed to 2200 mhz

is it normal or is there something faulty on my sensor

thanx in advance

Yep, reading very low...would lead me to believe something is off with the temp reading.

what would be a 'normal' temp then?

or is there a way to get the actual temp more accurate?

When I was running my Newcastle 3000+ I was getting idle temps of 39C, and full load of 54C. This was using a Thermaltake Silent Boost cooler. In an Antec 3700BQE case. Room temp 24C. Could have gotten a few degrees less, but I was going low noise. This was using an AOpen AK89 Max motherboard.

Go into your BIOS and check the temps in the BIOS. should be under "Frequency Control" or something similar.

It's NOT a good idea to run both MBM, and the manufacturer's Utility at the same time, since they are both trying to use the same sensors, and that can cause problems. Make sure one is completely shut off.

33C is believable. 18C is below average room temps unless you are using phase change cooling or a pelt or something else capable of practicaly refridgerating the CPU. You probably have a defective sensor.

the sensor is most certainly defective. cannot get below air temps on air.
the program is not at fault (i use it) as it is taking temps directly from bios.
doesn't really matter, but if you care (for more ocing etc. it cant help, and it could be indicative of ofther probs in mobo) rma it....
f

I don't think I still have warrenty, but what ever it works just fine only it reports wrong temps.

thx all :)

Mine is at 35C. At load the mid 40's. I seen 52c once and I think it kick me out of my game.

It's gotta be borked! I know my mom's celly rig runs 1.3ghz completley stable, 22 degrees c idle and load.

scraper said:
I don't think I still have warrenty, but what ever it works just fine only it reports wrong temps.

thx all :)

It won't hurt to contact the manufacturer to find out if it is still covered or not. Worst thing they can tell you is that it is out of warrantee. I had an old Asus GeForce4 Ti 4800 video card that died, and I had it sitting around collecting dust for almost a year, then just before I threw it out for trash, I decided to contact Asus to see if it was still covered.........much to my surprise it was still covered. They had me send in the old card and they sent out a replacement that works just fine. The wrong temps that are being reported could be dangerous, how will you know if you are over heating or not with incorrect temperature readings???

sounds like it's off. My apartment is kept cold (mid to high 60's) and even then my idle temps never get below 26C

Back