amd 64 3000+ with stock heatsink and AS5.. is this temp normal

Shadow27 said:
Whats your motherboard and what voltage is the CPU running?

Shadow27

dfi nf3 lanparty

stock everything.. it's brand new so i'm stocking it for a while

if it's a clawhammer, those temps are about right. that was with my neo. i idle around 42-44c and peak at 47-48c with the temp sensor, even though my sensor that is attached to the hestsink right next to the core rarely shows temps higher than 35-40c

yea that about what i get OCed

idle is ~40c and load is ~50 or so and i have clawhammer C0
OCed at 2.2

and thats with no AC in the summer in So. Cal if its realy hot out i think it hits 55-60 max under full load

Remember, with AS5, you need to wait 3 days for the compound to "cure". You will see better results then.

If you used AS5. Did you properly scrape off the thermal pad at the bottom of the HSF? or did you just leave it their.

USMC2Hard4U said:
If you used AS5. Did you properly scrape off the thermal pad at the bottom of the HSF? or did you just leave it their.

of course i cleaned it off.. down to the last particle of dust and made sure the surface was CLEAN CLEAN

applied as5.. the size was like the A in AMD on the cpu heatspreader

misterlin said:
of course i cleaned it off.. down to the last particle of dust and made sure the surface was CLEAN CLEAN

applied as5.. the size was like the A in AMD on the cpu heatspreader
Just had to make sure. I know of too many times people left the thermal pad on and then applied AS5 which was horrible :( bad results.

And also Left the little plastic "safty" thing on the bottom of their thermal pad too while using the Heatsink. :(

So I just had to ask to make sure.

better sure than sorry ;)

either way, i'd chalk it up to bios misreporting. use the age old finger method. if the base of the heatsink feels hot, it's hot :D

Back