AMD 64 4000+ oc

LOCO LAPTOP

[H]F Junkie
Hi this is my first OC and i wanted to know if this CPU can go higher then 2.67Ghz @ 1.5V. here is a pic EDIT: the stock was 2.4Ghz @ 1.39V

asusys8.png

i think you can go more.. i'm at 2.6 on my 4000+ with stock voltages

Well, considering each proc will max out at different speeds, you're really going to be the only one with the correct answer to your question. Is that the max? Perhaps at 1.5v, but if your temps are fine why not head to 1.55?

Also, have you determined that it's prime stable at that speed?

quadnad said:
Well, considering each proc will max out at different speeds, you're really going to be the only one with the correct answer to your question. Is that the max? Perhaps at 1.5v, but if your temps are fine why not head to 1.55?

Also, have you determined that it's prime stable at that speed?

Prime is stable for 24 hours without crashes :)

PS it crasher as soon as i hit apply @ 1.55

LOCO LAPTOP said:
Prime is stable for 24 hours without crashes :)

PS it crasher as soon as i hit apply @ 1.55

Good that it's nice and stable @ that frequency. Have you tried setting it to 1.55 vcore in the BIOS instead of in windows?

now i did :) runs a 1.55V stable so far :) those it mean i can hit 2.8 if i do it by bios :p

LOCO LAPTOP said:
now i did :) runs a 1.55V stable so far :) those it mean i can hit 2.8 if i do it by bios :p

sorry, I don't totally understand the second half of that; are you asking if you can hit 2.8 in the bios? dunno, but lets see how your CPU scales. At 1.55V start cranking up the HTT.

well im testing if its stable. it runs great with no crashes on BF2 for about 2 hours... now i will try to go higher.

is that 72C really??? YIKES thats hot

Might wanna check your BIOS to make sure thats reading right...

Anyway, you should most deffinatly be able to go more than 2.6 on a 4000+, i have my Opteron at 2.8 and it started at 2.2. If you only bumped it 200mhz, there should be plenty of room to play around with still.

kill4killin said:
is that 72C really??? YIKES thats hot
no, that's something about the fan control. it's at 33c in that shot

loco.. don't overclock with that tool, just use it for monitoring. voltage adjustments and the like should be done in the bios or with clockgen :D

i used to :eek: , but i use bios. i overclocked @ 2.7Ghz at 1.55V... 35C idle, a bit high?

Yea, i agree, AIbooster, while it is usefull for somethings, it doesnt do so well with other thigns. You should use clockgen if you want to overclock without booting to bios.

LOCO LAPTOP said:
i used to :eek: , but i use bios. i overclocked @ 2.7Ghz at 1.55V... 35C idle, a bit high?
35 idle isn't too bad, but it's load temps that count ;)

(cf)Eclipse said:
35 idle isn't too bad, but it's load temps that count ;)

35C on air cooling is actually pretty good for those speeds. Mine idles between 34 and 37 depending on the time of day as it effects the temperature of my room, but what are your load temps?

LOCO LAPTOP said:
Ok i got my computer to stay stable at this speed.

good stuff, another 100 mhz!

btw, you're doing this on the stock cooler? I'm very surprised you haven't run into heat issues....

yep stock cooler with AS5, im going to make a small project with my comp soon :)

i cant get over this speed cuz it will crash and/or wont boot

this thread was fun to watch as the speeds got higher and higher...

for a second, i was expecting a screenshot of the blue screen or something eventually lol.

nice work on the clock. with your new project and potentially better cooling, we may be in for more scrshots!

stormshadow said:
this thread was fun to watch as the speeds got higher and higher...

for a second, i was expecting a screenshot of the blue screen or something eventually lol.

nice work on the clock. with your new project and potentially better cooling, we may be in for more scrshots!

damn right your going to get screen shots i just started on my project * i wont tell ya what it is :p *

My 4000+ hits 2.85GHz at 34*C idle, and NEVER higher than 47*C under load...on air.
You *may* be able to go higher, but you need to use your BIOS instead of that AiBooster. (it's nice and all, but options are lacking!)
Another program you may want to try is Systool...you can change alot there, but it doesn't 'stick' - upon reboot, you have to start over...but the point is that you can test for highest stable overclock while inside Windows, and then make the necessary adjustments in your BIOS.
Good Luck!

Psychlone

I'm at 2760Mhz and everything works fine, but prime gives an error and is slow at doing it. Not that I need to overclock, it just erks me that I can't. Not sure maybe it's the RAM. :confused:

LOCO LAPTOP said:
mine wont go higher then 2.7Ghz stable :( whats up with that?

different hardware maxes at different speeds. I wouldn't be surprised if you're running into temp issus....

For those of you that have the A8R32-MVP, and the A8N32-SLI, you can use my BIOS guide HERE as a template for overclocking your systems.
The A8N32-SLI and the A8R32-MVP are pretty close in BIOS options, but the guide was written specifically on an A8R32-MVP machine, so you -SLI owners may have to find the correct options in your BIOS.
Use my guide as a TEMPLATE ONLY...do not just believe that you can do what I did in 1-2 steps, all hardware, even if it's the 'same', will not overclock the same.
My guide will help you all get a little more out of your systems...and understand what you're doing a little better.
(maybe we should push for a STICKY for it, since it's referenced on several other sites, as well as here, and is already a STICKY on another well known forum.)

Psychlone

Back