AMD 64 X2 Upgrade

Mac[X-D]

[H]ard|Gawd
just wondering if you guys see any benifit in upgrading my 4000+ to 5200+ X2 see sig for system specs.

You'll have to migrate over to PCI-E and DDR2 to put in a 5200+, which means it wouldn't be a worthwhile upgrade. I'd say your system is fine for now, just stay with it for a while. Wait until you can do a more substantial upgrade. :)

You'll have to migrate over to PCI-E and DDR2 to put in a 5200+, which means it wouldn't be a worthwhile upgrade. I'd say your system is fine for now, just stay with it for a while. Wait until you can do a more substantial upgrade. :)
thats true...but getting a X2 4400+ (toledo core) should give you a nice performance boost :)

oh it was my understanding that all the X2's would work in any socket 939 board.

so the 4400+ wil lwork but not the 5200+ in my A8V?

You can fit any S939 CPU in the A8-V, but the AM2 CPUs will not fit. AM2 CPUs are designed to work with different chipsets and DDR2.

Gotta stay with the socket 939 X2 procs buddy. ;) And yes, you will notice a difference....maybe not on the benchmarks, but if you do a lot of multi-tasking or use any threaded apps, the difference will be night and day. General desktop browsing is notably more smooth.

Back