AMD Catalyst 10.10c Hotfix

Yeah, makes me a sad panda, as my 6850 is out for delivery. Anyone have a copy they'd be willing to share?

I'm not sure you would want the hotfix, because after applying things seem to run funky. My card stays in 2d clocks sometimes with the hot fix, and coming out of sleep doesn't work. Maybe the hotfix was removed.

Weird driver issues has been a common problem with the 48XXx2 series since the 10.5 drivers.

In fact, that's why TwL uses a 10.5 base for his 48XX 3P drivers.

I've tested these on two systems. A friend of mine has two 5750's in xfire, and I have the 4850's. His has worked fine in all the driver releases, aside from crappy BC2 performance, which everyone suffers. Mine's been crappy ever since 10.5.

I have two 4870x2 CrossFired and the last driver I got to work with BC2 was 10.5a.

I haven't tried 10.10c. Are 4XXX customers are still screwed? :mad:

The download link is broken, odd!

A beta tester alerted them that the vista infs are missing for these drivers. They may be fixing that.

EDIT: Disregard that, they didn't bother with adding Vista infs. These are Win 7 only.

Last edited:
I have installed the 10.10 drivers, 10.10 App Profiles and the 10.10c fix on top of 10.9 and so far everything is working fine

Does 10.10c come with app profiles and the OpenCL/Parallel stuff too? I have 10.10 installed w/Parallel and Profiles already but by the size, this appears to be another driver package instead of a hotfix to be installed overtop of 10.10. This IS meant to be installed after uninstalling prior drivers, correct? It has proper support for Win7 x64 too? In addition, does it work with notebooks?

You just install the new driver over the old ones. The installer will update only the components that have changed so if you've already installed the 10.10 Application Profiles you won't need to re-install them. They're held at a different spot on the hard-drive so driver updates won't effect them. As for working on notebooks, that's going to depend on your manufacture. Some will let you install normal drivers, but with others you'll have to edit the .inf. These drivers seem to be only for Windows 7, and there is both an x86 and x64 version.

Went back to 10.9 drivers as I got back the BSOD and the nasty square colored boxes

These drivers also broke SC2 for me (no pylon field, etc.) I'm running 2 5850's in Crossfire with the latest app profiles. Does anyone know of a fix for this or is going back to 10.9 the only solution? Thanks.

These drivers also broke SC2 for me (no pylon field, etc.) I'm running 2 5850's in Crossfire with the latest app profiles. Does anyone know of a fix for this or is going back to 10.9 the only solution? Thanks.

The grid is there but it is below ground, you can see it on space maps.

Back