AMD Catalyst™ 13.6 Beta2 Driver (06/07/2013)

Mr Mean

[H]ard|Gawd
The AMD Catalyst™ 13.6 Beta2 Driver can be downloaded from the following links:
NOTE! This Catalyst Driver is provided “AS IS”, and under the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement provided therewith.

Feature Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 13.6 Beta2 for Windows®:
  • Improves performance in PCMark 7 and PCMark 8 on the new AMD A10, A8, A6, and A4 Series APUs for desktop and mobile platforms.
  • Resolves HDMI Audio drop-out issues on the AMD Radeon HD Series of products.
Feature Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 13.6 Beta for Windows®:
  • Product support for the new AMD A10, A8, A6, and A4 Series APUs on desktop and mobile platforms.
  • AMD Enduro technology enhancement:
    • Reduces power consumption when running Windows 8 Metro applications – detects when Metro applications have idled and moves them to the integrated graphics component.
    • AMD Catalyst Control Center now shows the hardware and software Information pages for AMD discrete GPUs when paired with Intel integrated graphics.
  • Includes AMD GPU & AMD APU OpenCL 1.2 acceleration in Adobe Premiere PRO CC.
  • Support for AMD Wireless Display for Windows 8 and future Windows releases:
    • Supported on AMD Elite A-Series APUs with select Broadcomm and Atheros Wireless adapters.
    • AMD Wireless Display Technology provides the ability to wirelessly display local screen content onto a remote screen in real time. Compliant receiver/TV required.
  • Resolved issues:
    • Resolves HDMI Audio drop-out issues on the AMD Radeon HD Series products.
    • Resolves issues with the AMD Catalyst Control Center showing Audio Display messages at incorrect times.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/amdcatalyst13-6WINBetaDriver.aspx

Installing these now :)

Thanks!

I'm rabidly anxious for the whole latency-free driver beta revolution apparently rolling out this month or the next.

Thanks!

I'm rabidly anxious for the whole latency-free driver beta revolution apparently rolling out this month or the next.

HAH. It's not going to e anywhere near latency-free. Single GU configs have latency... But I too hope for an improvement in this area. If they could compete with nVidia itwould be amazing. I don't expect the difference to b that profound, though, but if the get close, it would be great. Dual 7950s would then become one of the most powerful dual GPU setup :D

The problem itself isnt as prpfound as people have made it out to be, so the solution wont be either.

:) I should have put "latency-free" in quotes. I haven't believed that it will be completely latency-free. But do you think there will at least be some significant improvements in frame timing and latency rates?

The problem itself isnt as prpfound as people have made it out to be, so the solution wont be either.

The nVidia fanboy/trolls would disagree with you, but I agree as I actually own a crossfire setup and it's not a big issue for me.

Cursor corruption still isn't fixed with these. Just had it happen on my left-most display.

This is getting pathetic...

Cursor corruption still isn't fixed with these. Just had it happen on my left-most display.

This is getting pathetic...

You know how to fix the cursor corruption when it happens, right? It drove me crazy for a while, until I learned that you can quickly fix the cursor by moving it back and forth across the border of two adjacent monitors. It takes maybe 3-4 "jumps" across the border until it fixes itself.

Still annoying, yes, but at least it's a quick fix.

PS - The corruption I sometimes get with my cursor is that it turns into a stack of horizontal lines. Not sure if yours is different. Surely stems from same source/issue regardless.

You know how to fix the cursor corruption when it happens, right? It drove me crazy for a while, until I learned that you can quickly fix the cursor by moving it back and forth across the border of two adjacent monitors. It takes maybe 3-4 "jumps" across the border until it fixes itself.

Still annoying, yes, but at least it's a quick fix.

PS - The corruption I sometimes get with my cursor is that it turns into a stack of horizontal lines. Not sure if yours is different. Surely stems from same source/issue regardless.
Yup, that's exactly what I'm seeing.

Throwing the cursor back and forth between screens doesn't fix it here, no matter how many times I do it.

:) I should have put "latency-free" in quotes. I haven't believed that it will be completely latency-free. But do you think there will at least be some significant improvements in frame timing and latency rates?

Frame timing, sure... at the cost of lower overall framerate, and higher input latency. Especially as they try to remove runt frames. AMD's artificial numbers will be dropping, but the gaming experience will be better than it was for Radeon owners. Still, considering it's been years without fixes so far, and they only promised potentially a test version in June or July, I wouldn't hold my breath for a solid release version any time soon :(.

Throwing the cursor back and forth between screens doesn't fix it here, no matter how many times I do it.

Same here. Easy fix but why don’t they fix it so the many don’t have to over and over? It’s kinda sad, my 5970 did the same thing. :(

Right click your desktop, and then move the cursor in between the monitor a few times.

And here I was, thinking this only happened to me, I was about to reformat lol

Right click your desktop, and then move the cursor in between the monitor a few times.

And here I was, thinking this only happened to me, I was about to reformat lol
Still doesn't help, only thing that fixes it is putting the computer to sleep and waking it back up (or a full reboot).

Formatting wont fix it, it's either a driver problem or a hardware problem. AMD has had years to figure it out and yet it still seems to be an issue...

Still doesn't help, only thing that fixes it is putting the computer to sleep and waking it back up (or a full reboot).

Formatting wont fix it, it's either a driver problem or a hardware problem. AMD has had years to figure it out and yet it still seems to be an issue...

Have you tried adding water to the mouse

Frame timing, sure... at the cost of lower overall framerate, and higher input latency. Especially as they try to remove runt frames. AMD's artificial numbers will be dropping, but the gaming experience will be better than it was for Radeon owners. Still, considering it's been years without fixes so far, and they only promised potentially a test version in June or July, I wouldn't hold my breath for a solid release version any time soon :(.

Actually they were saying that it was a deeper issue and that so far they were seeing higher numbers. Of course I don't drink the Kool Aid so I'm not holding my breath. If I were them I'd wait until the successor to the 7900 series comes out to fix it. That way the delta between the 7900 and the 8900 (whatever nomenclature they decide on) will be greater for increased sales.

Actually they were saying that it was a deeper issue and that so far they were seeing higher numbers. Of course I don't drink the Kool Aid so I'm not holding my breath. If I were them I'd wait until the successor to the 7900 series comes out to fix it. That way the delta between the 7900 and the 8900 (whatever nomenclature they decide on) will be greater for increased sales.

I get what you're saying, but disagree. They are on the back foot at the moment vs nVidia, despite their fantastically competitive pricing on their single GPUs. Better performance for less money. Free games galore, too.

But delaying the Crossfire "fix" will only hurt them more I feel. Tehy can't afford to fall so far behind.

can anyone confirm? i am always having to restart my htpc to get the audio to be enabled over HDMI after it goes to sleep or is booted up when the TV isn't on

I connect via HDMI to my regular 1440p monitor and prior to 13.6 Beta 2 I had the HDMI audio drop issue when the monitor was back from standby, that is gone now.

Has there been any official word on a release timeframe for the drivers that contain the frame latency fixes?

Google only turns up articles from April.

The articles I saw testing the prototype drivers showed decreased framerates and quoted AMD as saying the overall FPS would drop, with a slider in the drivers giving a choice between raw FPS and smoother/fewer-runt-frame gameplay.

[L]imey;1039964912 said:
Has there been any official word on a release timeframe for the drivers that contain the frame latency fixes?

Google only turns up articles from April.

The last word was "release sometime in the next month or two" from sometime in May, that I have seen. Who knows what happened with it at this point...?

I’m not sure how many people use this feature and I’m sure that is why is always messed up but this driver has a bug (again) for movie playback at 24Hz over HDMI. I have a Kuro TV that supports 24Hz with the 72Hz setting. It will make things like rolling credits and panning noticeably smother but every other driver or so AMD introduces a random pause every 10-15 minutes. It’s like a little skip, like a buffer can’t keep up or something as it never happens in the same place twice. If you go back to where it just happened you’ll not see it. Only after you’ve let it play for another 10-15 minutes. The last version did not have it but this new one dose. It’s happened off and on since I started watching HD movies from my PC. Did it with the 4870s then the 5970 and now the 7970 cards.

Back