AMD DX11 GPU demo tomorrow?

Silent.Sin

Gawd
AMD to show off Evergreen/Cypress at Computex

It is Charlie so it's filled with the usual loaded verbage and exaggerations, but the main headline is still pretty damn striking.

Is anyone on these forums currently at Computex? Would love to hear some first hand accounts if they demo this thing properly with running software instead of just showing some PCB.

I waited and waited for that last Ruby demo to get released. You remember, the R700 demo with the big robot-thing in downtown? Never happened.

I call shens on all ATI demos hithertoforward.

What? Charlie is jumping ship??(nvm it appears to ALL be charlie)

Yeah it looks to be a site created entirely by himself. Wonder if this has any implications with his relationship with TheInquirer. As far as ecentric crazies, this guy is approaching Jack Thompson's territory.

Apparently they already had the demonstration:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1424067

Looks like it happened when Charlie said it would.

AT does confirm that there were actual running demos to go along with the slides mentioned on the front page of [H]. I wonder if these demo systems are using A1 tape out chips meant only for QA or if they are production ready engineering samples. If this is production ready silicon and it doesn't need much retooling then a launch before Win7 is just barely feasible, although not really necessary.

It's not like too many people will notice the difference between this and a DX10/.1 card unless they constantly keep 20 windows open on their desktop and only have 512MB of RAM. Plus the fact that Win7 is the only real world DX11 "application" that I know of atm and is likely to remain that way for the rest of the year. Guess the marketing spin is worth a few sales tho :rolleyes:. Can't wait to see some specs and benches.

Your play, NVidia.

Back