AMD FX-55 InStock at newegg

aZn_plyR said:
lol fan-boyz?

or you can say....enjoy all you people who wants the FASTEST processor on the planet.

I think the 10 GHz ALU that intel had is faster

holly crap, i didnt know they cost more than a 3.46ee. holly crap, pricey, but still a damn good chip.

That's funny, I can buy it locally for less then that in CANADIAN funds....get it togethor newegg. ;)

Steel Chicken said:
thats WAY too much money. I dont care how fast it is.

I just find it funny that Newegg is more expensive in american funds then almost all my local canadian retailers are in canadian funds.....I wonder what's going on.

yeah, me too actually. buy me one and ship it to rochester cornelious? ;)

anyhow.. i'm guess it'sjust typical price gouging, sadly enough :rolleyes:

I think Newegg is overconfident cuz they get so much praise. So they arent afraid to charge outrageous prices.. There prices arent even competitve anymore... :eek:

What a fucking joke, you can buy one from NCIX.com for $1150 CDN. Not that I would ever buy any processor at that price.

Funniest thing is they still charge shipping. No included lube and you still want another $4. :p

juniormlc said:
Price came down to $1099!!! :D And they still have stock.

So they started at 1099 then went to 1199 now back to 1099....guess teh yweren't getting enough buyers at 1199.

freeloader1969 said:
What a fucking joke, you can buy one from NCIX.com for $1150 CDN. Not that I would ever buy any processor at that price.

It's cheaper at Vibe....but I dont think they have any stock. :p

Nope.....none yet. ;)

There's no justification for spending that kinda money on a processor. I can see if you won the lotto and are going on an initial splurge of buying stuff. But still...

ShepsCrook said:
There's no justification for spending that kinda money on a processor. I can see if you won the lotto and are going on an initial splurge of buying stuff. But still...

It depends on how you're looking at things...if you're just playing games then no, it's probly not worth it....but benchmark junkies like myself know that there's nothing finer then the FX-55 for hittin' those top scores.....which is where a lot of the buyers of those chips come from.....people will money, and benchmark/OC enthusiasts who just can't get enough.

^^
This guy brought sold me my first [H] ride and I finally got a chance to "underpost" thank him :p

Yup, lol! I spent the other day doin' my best to convince a friend this cpu wasn't really necessary for gaming. There are much greater concerns in this world to be spending 1,000 on a cpu. What about the kid that cracked his piggy bank on DooM 3? What do you tell him when he wonders why it doesn't look any different than "that old game" daddy plays...despite being powered by NV mx, "The way it was meant to be..."

Ah...who cares, I just wanna see an FX up close and personal ;)

wow thats insane. thats the price of my vid card,memory, and 3 raptors.

lol 2 people did reviews

cornelious0_0 said:
I just find it funny that Newegg is more expensive in american funds then almost all my local canadian retailers are in canadian funds.....I wonder what's going on.
i hear ya, i personally try not to buy from them anymore. to exensive, there was a time when you could order from newegg and save a lot of money, now the only thing you get is service, which is great...but not enough.

thelostrican said:
i hear ya, i personally try not to buy from them anymore. to exensive, there was a time when you could order from newegg and save a lot of money, now the only thing you get is service, which is great...but not enough.

True, although after experiementing with a few other canadian retailers recently....i'll take superior service over a $50 savings any day.......

cornelious0_0 said:
True, although after experiementing with a few other canadian retailers recently....i'll take superior service over a $50 savings any day.......
i would take old newegg, great service, great prices in everything all the time....

thelostrican said:
i would take old newegg, great service, great prices in everything all the time....

Yeah, now if they would only start shipping to Canada they'd have at leat one more customer. :p

You're all missing the sweet part of the deal... the combo special gets you a free bright orange Newegg t-shirt!!! If that doesn't make it worth $1,195, I don't know what does.

Jason

BigJavy said:
You're all missing the sweet part of the deal... the combo special gets you a free bright orange Newegg t-shirt!!! If that doesn't make it worth $1,195, I don't know what does.

Jason

My dear lord....now I can get it a full $100 cheaper in canadian funds.....good goin newegg....not even that tshirt is gonna help you out now.....that price is just ridiculous.

PawNtheSandman said:
Weren't these $880 a few months ago?

I never watch american prices....but Id sure hope so....stuff is sposed to be cheaper in american funds then in canadian funds, not the other way around. :p

Wow. I got a brand new one on eBay for $600 a month and a half ago... those prices on newegg are insane.

mpcamer1220 said:
why so high? i though newegg had them for just over 800 when they first got them... :rolleyes:
Because people will pay it? Isn't that the real ultimate measure of somethings value........how much people are willing to pay for it?
:D

Back