AMD gained market share in Q1 2009

I love AMD, I really do....I used a bunch of X3 710's for some clients recently, but you have to imagine that the increase in AMD chips (note, it said chips not CPUs) is likely due to the excellent R7xx graphics chips. But if my pessimism is wrong, then I am happy, because....I love AMD.

AMD can gain more market share by entering netbook market with their superior onboard graphics.

AMD can gain more market share by entering netbook market with their superior onboard graphics.

Thats funny, a netbook with better onboard, for faster email/web refreshes, lol. But if they can offer cheaper, faster, lower power procs, that would make me buy an AMD based netbook.

Thats funny, a netbook with better onboard, for faster email/web refreshes, lol. But if they can offer cheaper, faster, lower power procs, that would make me buy an AMD based netbook.

at this point.. id take cooler... thats the only thing i hate about my turion X2 laptop.. idles at 36C using rmclock and undervolting.. and full load is 85C with RMclock undervolting the processor to .985v from 1.175v.. with out undervolting.. dang thing couldnt even sit at full load for more then 3 minutes before it would shut off..

Is the gain GPU related or server-market based? For awhile Operton was the premiere processor in Dell's server line, wasn't it? Or am I mistaken? :confused:

at this point.. id take cooler... thats the only thing i hate about my turion X2 laptop.. idles at 36C using rmclock and undervolting.. and full load is 85C with RMclock undervolting the processor to .985v from 1.175v.. with out undervolting.. dang thing couldnt even sit at full load for more then 3 minutes before it would shut off..

i would submit that is a failure of the manufacturer's cooling system then. Most laptops i have owned have had some pretty god awful cooling.

i would submit that is a failure of the manufacturer's cooling system then. Most laptops i have owned have had some pretty god awful cooling.

the one i have has probably the best cooling ive seen for the turion x2's.. the other turion x2 1.6ghz one i have thats dead was a piece of junk.. the opening for the fan was about the size of a dime.. the one on my TL-60 is a completely open vent.. you can see the entire fan through it.. the sad thing is.. laptop heatsinks havent changed at all.. the heatsink on the 1.6ghz one is the same exact heatsink thats on my athlon xp-m 2400+..

the one i have has probably the best cooling ive seen for the turion x2's.. the other turion x2 1.6ghz one i have thats dead was a piece of junk.. the opening for the fan was about the size of a dime.. the one on my TL-60 is a completely open vent.. you can see the entire fan through it.. the sad thing is.. laptop heatsinks havent changed at all.. the heatsink on the 1.6ghz one is the same exact heatsink thats on my athlon xp-m 2400+..

well don't they use heatpipes now? granted that happened years ago i think.

Back