Amd Junk FS

BusaOrZX12

Limp Gawd
PLEASE BUY THIS JUNK!
My first and last AMD system.

* * Soltek Motherboard SL-K8AN2E-GR
Back from RMA. All accessories included.

Asus K8V SE Deluxe
I purchased it from a member here, installed it ~14 days ago...it too was RMA. Missing round IDE cable

AMD 64 2800+....I don't OC, but slow poke here made me want to.
I purchased it retail. Its installed in the Asus now.

Prices:

All three together 280.00 Shipped priority.

Soltek by itself 80.00

Heat: Busaninja
Email: [email protected] (Best contact method)

Free Bump.. but calling AMD Junk... will not get it sold... I've used AMD Products for years now... no problems... faster than an Intel of Similar speed... :)

Bumpage. and too bad for you. I got both P4's and AMD, and the A64 is the fastest chip period. Not good to judge a series of chips on their slowest processor. But get what makes you happy I always say. So somebody buy thisg uys stuff so he can get back to some P4 HT fun... :D :D :D

Bump for a great guy and Seller.

Oh yeah.. you have PM (shortly) :)

SAD

Pantherboy said:
Free Bump.. but calling AMD Junk... will not get it sold... I've used AMD Products for years now... no problems... faster than an Intel of Similar speed... :)
I understand, but I am speaking the truth. I am not going to lie or decieve to sell a chip.

As for me and my usage, my AMD was noticably slower .

I was very excited about switching to AMD at the time. This forum is what persueded me to do it.

Maybe if I wouldn't of went with the AMD64 the results would of been different.

Additionally, I haven't had the greatest results in selling items here. Terrible is more accurate, and I have offered chips at very low prices, especially when compared to other listings here.

So it will be difficult for my results to suffer. I don't have problems buying here...just selling.

well... maybe it was the setup you had... but Personally I've not owned an AMD64 yet... but from side by side comparisons of the Athlon 64's and P4's that I've seen first hand in my IT department... I'll go with AMD any day of the week over P4's..

I'm not flaming you or anything.. i was just letting you know that if you call your AMD stuff junk a lot of people will steer away from what your selling.. just the attitude of your post. Now if you re-worded it to say that it just didn't meet "Your" expectations, then you might have some more interested parties... Now please don't take me wrong.. i'm just trying to offer my advice....

Pantherboy

BusaOrZX12 said:
I understand, but I am speaking the truth. I am not going to lie or decieve to sell a chip.

As for me and my usage, my AMD was noticably slower .

I was very excited about switching to AMD at the time. This forum is what persueded me to do it.

Maybe if I wouldn't of went with the AMD64 the results would of been different.

Additionally, I haven't had the greatest results in selling items here. Terrible is more accurate, and I have offered chips at very low prices, especially when compared to other listings here.

So it will be difficult for my results to suffer. I don't have problems buying here...just selling.

They will soon realize. I've had AMD setups as well and I've had nothing but problems after problems. I've been true techie for more than a decade and I can fix any problems. I fix 1 problem and than another would arise. Most of these people don't do nothing but play games so they don't care about rock stability. It's usually the chipsets fault anyway. Just stick with ASUS or ABIT when not going with INTEL chipsets.

Marvelous said:
They will soon realize. I've had AMD setups as well and I've had nothing but problems after problems. I've been true techie for more than a decade and I can fix any problems. I fix 1 problem and than another would arise. Most of these people don't do nothing but play games so they don't care about rock stability. It's usually the chipsets fault anyway. Just stick with ASUS or ABIT when not going with INTEL chipsets.
BUMP FOR THE SELL

Barton/Nfroce2/Linux has been the single most stable platfrm I've EVER used.

Marvelous said:

Good point. That very well may of been much of my problems. I cannot speak on results with the Asus board as I had no desire to mess with it after assembling it

soltek boards are junk IMO, I have ran both Intel and AMD and my preference is AMD i am currently running a FX-55 and MSI K8N Neo2 and it runs rock solid and stable as hell.

More stable than my old Max3 and 3.4EE and faster in almost all aspects.

NewBlackDak said:
Barton/Nfroce2/Linux has been the single most stable platfrm I've EVER used.

bumpage - and 100% agreed. my only p4 experiences were 423 - it, well, it worked. that's the only positive thing i can say about it.
ps - if you've notice that "V" in your motherboard product model, that's your problem. VIA chipsets are hell. if you want a quality chipset, you go with intel, serverworks, nvidia, or sis (a lot of people will argue with me and flame me for that but i've had amazing results with the 746, 748, and 760) - good luck selling and let me know when the prescott stops sucking ;-)

MTB2Live said:
bumpage - and 100% agreed. my only p4 experiences were 423 - it, well, it worked. that's the only positive thing i can say about it.
ps - if you've notice that "V" in your motherboard product model, that's your problem. VIA chipsets are hell. if you want a quality chipset, you go with intel, serverworks, nvidia, or sis (a lot of people will argue with me and flame me for that but i've had amazing results with the 746, 748, and 760) - good luck selling and let me know when the prescott stops sucking ;-)

Wow, thanks guy I appreciate it. I am going to install it in a board with one of the chipsets you recommend. I should get better results huh?

No, wait. I had it in the Soltek and it has a V with another leg....rotated a few degress...and backwards...( are you dyslexic) WOW it is Nvidia chipset.

So you agree that AMD _ _ _ _ _. I bet you can get this one.

BusaOrZX12 said:
Wow, thanks guy I appreciate it. I am going to install it in a board with one of the chipsets you recommend. I should get better results huh?

No, wait. I had it in the Soltek and it has a V with another leg....rotated a few degress...and backwards...( are you dyslexic) WOW it is Nvidia chipset.

So you agree that AMD _ _ _ _ _. I bet you can get this one.
y dont u try the s939 A64s?

I would hardly consider any athlon64 slow. If you are complaining about a 2800 being slow, maybe it is because you bought the slowest processor in the line?

I am not going to comment on your prices nor anyone else's in particular. However, even though I only have 1 heatware and a few ebay positives, my stuff still goes pretty fast. When I parted out my old athlon system, within a week everything was gone. The reason? I didn't have very low prices, but very fair prices for used components, took lots of pictures, packaged well, and tried not to be biased on anything. The only thing (recently) I haven't sold is my video card. Although I am wanting a "low" price out of it, less than half of its current retail value for a perfectly fine card, it isn't a "fair" price (from the few nasty PM's I have gotten), and thus it isn't moving as fast as everything else.

They will soon realize. I've had AMD setups as well and I've had nothing but problems after problems. I've been true techie for more than a decade and I can fix any problems. I fix 1 problem and than another would arise. Most of these people don't do nothing but play games so they don't care about rock stability. It's usually the chipsets fault anyway.

I can understand having problems with a certain system. Some components don't like each other, and you sometimes get bad chipsets (as you mentioned). My old a7v333 was/is a decent board. I don't exactly "just play games and not care about stability". However, the nforce boards is where it is at for stability and performance on singles.

No offense you to directly, but if you are a “true techie” that “can fix any problems” then you shouldn’t be having any problems with your amd setups, since you “can fix any problems”. I don’t have a degree, any training, or anything that would remotely consider me a “techie” that “can fix any problems”. However, I have put together and repaired many intel/amd systems over the years and I have yet to find any configuration as bad as you describe. From my 8088 to my current dual opterons with a few macs and cyrix thrown in for good measure, I have to disagree that amd processors and their chipsets are simply the biggest pieces of shit ever in existence.

Ah... come on. The guy had a bad experience and isn't happy with his stuff.. just let him sell it. You guys crack me up. As soon as something remotely negative is said about Intel or AMD the fan boys turn up and start some bickering. And this observation comes from an AMD guy!

..of course a lot of posts will keep bumping him up, helping him sell. uh... Sorry for the interruption, carry on.

BusaOrZX12 said:
I don't OC, but slow poke here made me want to.
lol... if you end up in a situation where you need to sell slow-poke seperately, pm me with a price. btw: what ram were you using in this setup?

Back