AMD Kuma question

dorky82

Limp Gawd
Can Kuma 7750 run 1066 DDR speed?
I do have 1066 capable memory and motherboard but whenever I set it to 1066 it wont boot so I have to drop down to 800

guys.. it depends on the motherboard not the cpu.. so if it didnt work the first time.. then the motherboard doesnt support it.. i just answered the op is a short way instead of describing why since i figured some one else would.. most motherboard bios have been updated to fix the dual channel 1066 problem.. but not all of them..

and Ehren8879.. you cant run ram 1:1 on an amd processor.. theres no amd motherboard that can even support the FSB required to run the ram 1:1 while keeping the ram at 1066..

heck the msi 770 am3 c45 or what ever it is.. is the first amd motherboard to even exceed 400mhz FSB since the old socket A days.. even my bad arse DFI LP UT NF3 250Gb motherboard which is the number one overclocking board ever made cant even do 400mhz FSB..

and Ehren8879.. you cant run ram 1:1 on an amd processor.. theres no amd motherboard that can even support the FSB required to run the ram 1:1 while keeping the ram at 1066..

What I mean is the processor HondaGuy is running has the FSB at the default 200Mhz and a ram divider to make the memory run 1066. I suppose my ratio was off, guess I meant 1:2 perhaps. That is what the default ratio should be any how correct? 200Mhz FSB, 1:2 ratio, equals 800Mhz memory? Wouldn't the op ideally want to set the CPU to 266Mhz and maintain the ratio to get the full speed and effects of the ram?

Or does my thinking just fail?

That's not how the RAM works for AMD anymore. You don't have to change the HT reference clock at all to get your memory at 1066mhz if you are using a Phenom I or II based processor and your motherboard supports the 1066mhz divider properly. Previously (K8), you did have to use the 800mhz divider and increase your HT for 1066mhz RAM.

Last edited:
Back