AMD makes BTX boards... where?

Serge84

Gawd
I heard this so I'm asking the question. Where are the BTX boards for AMD? I never knew they made them. Well heard it that new boards are in gateways... so where can you get them just curious if they are even out yet?

I have the Gateway with the BTX board in it. ;)

Sure, it's not custom built, but Ive already modded it, and it is a great PC!

AMD does not make any motherboard, AMD doesnt even make chipsets (well, if you consider ATi, then yes).

Gateway could have possibly had some motherboard manu such as Asus, Foxconn, etc make a custom series of boards for them. Most likely you can not buy this board.

There's little to no point for a BTX motherboard for AMD. The only reason why I can see Gateway doing this is in order to use a very specific case design with all Intel and AMD based systems.

AMD DOES make chipsets, just not for desktops.and as far as BTX, the are no boards available for amd procs as far as i know.it was intel that instigated that form factor so amd has no insentive to push for that.

(I'm sure you knew what I ment by my statment. AMD tells the mobo manufactuers what they want to make and so forth. And yeah AMD does make chipsets and GPU's even before ATi. Its called GEOD.)

Yeah it would be pretty strange for AMD to go with that form factor. No use for it, just intresting for a reverse sided motherboard. Has no real advantage. I don't know why Intel even picked such a odd format. And aquard slot placements. Just would be intresting to see some ya know for those curious ones out there. I look up mobos for customers and such.

Serge84 said:
(I'm sure you knew what I ment by my statment. AMD tells the mobo manufactuers what they want to make and so forth. And yeah AMD does make chipsets and GPU's even before ATi. Its called GEOD.)

Yeah it would be pretty strange for AMD to go with that form factor. No use for it, just intresting for a reverse sided motherboard. Has no real advantage. I don't know why Intel even picked such a odd format. And aquard slot placements. Just would be intresting to see some ya know for those curious ones out there. I look up mobos for customers and such.

Chipsets has in a relative term, as in desktop chipsets, in the way I was using it. Either way, doesnt really matter here.

The reason why Intel choose BTX is because it allows more efficent cooling of the CPU in sacrifice of the rest of the system. Intel CPUs run hot, even the new Core 2's. Its no wonder that they try to cool it above all other components of the system.

Back