Amd overclockers dream.

Deathroned

Gawd
Guys i have been wondering if AMD perhaps mixed their words when they claimed the Fury x was an overclockers dream or perhaps the fury x was supposed to be the polaris gpu and perhaps they meant the next polaris. I believe they meant polaris since Raja has been quoted saying they are 7 months ahead of the competition and since Pascal was a NO Show and nvidia history of being slow pokes in Node changes i am inclined to believe this.
TL:DR
Raja Koduri seems to be confident that AMD is several months ahead of the industry on its transition to 14nm.
My Take:
If its true then Radeon Tech will capture market share if they release 2 of their polaris gpus and leave their flagships for release when nvidia release pascal.
Sources with quote:
www.teckknow.com/amd-working-on-two-polaris-gpus-says-raja-koduri/

www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-working-on-polaris-10-and-polaris-11.html

The idea was that you could overclock it because of the cooler. Maybe the marketing guys got carried away :).

If they do not get a card out there that is a flagship gpu then matters will be harder for AMD to bring back market share. And Pascal is not going to be here any time soon (more then likely not 2016), The board at CES was a good hint for that.

Dont believe AMD, they lie way too much. Their own fans were left with egg on their faces.
Yet here you are adding to it !
AMD even mislead [H].
Dont trust what they say, wait for the cards release.

I predict they'll beat Nvidia to market for somewhere around 5 months, possibly more, judging by complete lack of anything from Nvidia and the pascal photo cover up. That stinks..

If they can nail a single card 4k solution, they'll have free press and good sales for yonks, plus the time to possibly have a 'tock' or revised gpu, by time nvidia is launched and just starting to try take the limelight. With revised silicon not long after. E.g. the 290X-390X gap will be shorter, and more competitive.

Good news for us!

Nvidia is quiet because they don't need to say anything.

Their market share is growing and they're actually making money.

AMD is only in the game because they juice the crap out of their cards and sell them at a discount.

AMD needs to come out with something new and great, because if their decline continues they will be gone soon.

If I were a gambling man I would say Nvidia is waiting so they know just how to react to squeeze the most profit out of the next generation. Whereas AMD needs to put out their best possible effort, there really is no need for Nvidia to "blow their load". They don't need to release their best effort, they just need to release something that's 10% better than AMD, and leave the rest of the performance improvements in the lab for the next next gen.

AMD will beat nvidia to market with a solution that's incrementally better than the current gen. They'll overprice the crap out of it because they're finally on top again. A few AMD fans and early adopters will buy in. Then Nvidia will release a series of cards that beat AMD by 10% in performance, 20% in cost and 20% in power consumption.

I sincerely hope AMD succeeds because we'll be screwed if they die.

Nvidia have 28nm GPUs secured indefinitely. Since they nor AMD plan anymore new 28nm GPUs they'd only be competing with themselves by releasing Pascal before AMD's offering.

Everyone is waiting on the foundries to get 14/16nm out the door, and those people are all queued up to deal with their biggest customers first (Apple et al.) in the mobile market.

High end 14/16nm gaming GPUs won't happen till the end of the year. At least.

Why AMD didn't allow/promote HBM overclocking with Fiji is beyond me. That alone would have seriously invigorated their presence in the gaming GPUs market.

Guys i have been wondering if AMD perhaps mixed their words when they claimed the Fury x was an overclockers dream or perhaps the fury x was supposed to be the polaris gpu and perhaps they meant the next polaris. I believe they meant polaris since Raja has been quoted saying they are 7 months ahead of the competition and since Pascal was a NO Show and nvidia history of being slow pokes in Node changes i am inclined to believe this.

I mean, you're entitled to believe what you want to believe, but fact of the matter is, AMD was full of shit on Fury X. I don't believe for one second they were mistaking product lines.

Nvidia is quiet because they don't need to say anything.

"Speak softly, and carry a big stick."

Dont believe AMD, they lie way too much. Their own fans were left with egg on their faces.
Yet here you are adding to it !
AMD even mislead [H].
Dont trust what they say, wait for the cards release.

Come on, Nvidia also lies quite often and has been caught. The "wooden screws" incident and 970 3.5gb gtx are a couple of examples that immediately come to mind.

To the OP... In the end you should buy the best product for you when its available. All of this other stuff is speculation and who really gives a shit until we see the actual cards and benchmarks.

The Fury X is aptly tagged as an overclokers dream. Because only in your dreams can you get a decent overclock :D:D

When they had to clock them like they did to match the 980ti that "Overclockers Dream" statement became invalid.

Back