AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.3 Driver Has Been Released

cageymaru

Fully [H]
AMD has released its latest Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.3 driver and it addresses several issues such as the memory clocks on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products becoming locked at 800Mhz. Game profiles with custom fan settings may sometimes remain even after closing a game. Radeon ReLive for VR may experience minor corruption for a few seconds immediately after connecting a headset. Radeon Settings may sometimes list a previously installed driver version even after driver successfully upgrading. It also addresses many UI errors and more in the patch notes.

Known Issues: Some systems running multiple displays may experience mouse lag when at least one display is enabled but powered off. Uninstalling Radeon Software may fail to remove Radeon Settings. Zero RPM may fail to enable/disable correctly when switching between manual and automatic fan controls. Upgrade Advisor may intermittently fail to detect games and provide compatibility recommendations. A port 58888 already in use error message may be observed when AMD Link Server was disabled while an IOS device client was connected. Radeon Overlay's new in overlay video player may experience smoothness issues while adjusting the playback slider. Scene Editor may have issues with scrolling when many elements are added to a scene. Custom settings in Radeon WattMan may sometimes fail to apply on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.

All good here after a clean install. Quick install above the previous driver wasn't succesful (black screen) though.

An update to afterburner can't come quick enough though. For my V64 (reference, still on air) the auto fan option lets the temps run straight up towards 90C, with a manual curve the card sounds like a rejected leaf blower, constantly cycling through large swells of RPM changes.

Also, quite a few black screen crashes since 18.12.2 and coil whine suddenly worse than ever, the latter of which who knows why besides bad luck. Sigh.

This has got to be the first time in a long time that I have removed the newest drivers and went back to the ones just before them. 18.2.1 work just fine and do not have any real serious or known issues for me. 18.2.2 and above have things going on and do not work well for me at all, on all 3 of my computer with a Vega 56, RX 570 and 2200G.

Back