AMD Super HOT Coupons!!

sorry but i haven't kept up with this thread for a week but what's the word on the stepping being shipped from Monarch as of now? Sounds like CBBBE 0610?

cambrian said:
sorry but i haven't kept up with this thread for a week but what's the word on the stepping being shipped from Monarch as of now? Sounds like CBBBE 0610?

I got my 165 about 10 days ago. Still haven't found time to install it.

I got a CBBBE 0610.

Others are getting 0607 UPBW or something like that.

ouminan said:
It arrived on Wednesday, 5/3/06.

I guess I might as well. Just because its a bad production date and controller code doesn't mean that its a bad processor for sure.

I'm just afraid that the results will be so depressing that I'd end up feeding the chip to my dog. :p

if you are going to do that, can you pls lmk in advance ? In that case, I would be willing to become a dog for you :) ;) for few minutes just when you feel like feeding :D

its funny how some people who get the "0607" RMA them

Hopefully Monarch test them, and ship them right back when they can run stock settings.

amd ati FO SHO said:
its funny how some people who get the "0607" RMA them

Hopefully Monarch test them, and ship them right back when they can run stock settings.

I don't think it's funny. I think it's fraud, and I wish Monarch had some way to separate these RMAs from legitimate ones so they could blacklist the scumbags who do it or at least charge them a hefty restocking fee. Fake RMAs drive up prices for all of us.

And in this case they're doubly stupid, because the price is so low you can resell at no loss or fleabay for a small profit. I got an 0607 and resold, and am now waiting for another ordered 5/4/06.

Nugget said:
I don't think it's funny. I think it's fraud, and I wish Monarch had some way to separate these RMAs from legitimate ones so they could blacklist the scumbags who do it or at least charge them a hefty restocking fee. Fake RMAs drive up prices for all of us.

And in this case they're doubly stupid, because the price is so low you can resell at no loss or fleabay for a small profit. I got an 0607 and resold, and am now waiting for another ordered 5/4/06.

All they need is a skt 939 motherboard/ram/psu/hd/vc to test them. Hopefully to prevent people from doing this, they test return RMAs.

Monarch has always been good to me, i would have to see people taking advantage.

amd ati FO SHO said:
All they need is a skt 939 motherboard/ram/psu/hd/vc to test them. Hopefully to prevent people from doing this, they test return RMAs.

Monarch has always been good to me, i would have to see people taking advantage.

It takes time to test a processor unless its just completely dead and that can equate to a lot of extra work on the part of the distributor if they get quite of few RMA's weekly. Monarch probably just sends them on to AMD for testing and replacement anyways so they probably aren't out much themselves. I think if someone is going to send a processor back simply because they got a bad stepping then they should do a refund instead of an RMA and eat the 15% restocking fee.

burningrave101 said:
It takes time to test a processor unless its just completely dead and that can equate to a lot of extra work on the part of the distributor if they get quite of few RMA's weekly. Monarch probably just sends them on to AMD for testing and replacement anyways so they probably aren't out much themselves. I think if someone is going to send a processor back simply because they got a bad stepping then they should do a refund instead of an RMA and eat the 15% restocking fee.

I think they are already going above and beyond with RMA. Since most retailers would tell you to contact amd. If the CPU's were DOA it would be easy, as you stateded. Testing wouldn't be too time consuming, basically that guy "creed" (and in his case both were, its weird how he's the only one who reported this)was saying they don;t run at stock settings, so i guess he was noticing unstablity for several minutes of use(highly unlikely). They could prime the chip for 30 mins to see if it was stable. Longer if required. Turn-around time wouldn't be too long, and honestly there is a VERY slim chance cpus cannot perform stock settings, so those who rma for this reason wouldn't have to deal with a downtime.

Either way it beats rmaing to amd, if there is a honest problem with a cpu.

amd ati FO SHO said:
Either way it beats rmaing to amd, if there is a honest problem with a cpu.

I think it works best the way i'm sure Monarch is doing it and thats just replace the processor after they confirm its not physically damaged and then send it on to AMD for testing and replacement. Monarch will be warrantied by AMD and so they really wont be out much if any money i'd say. Its AMD that has to eat the loss in the end but AMD sells enough processors at enough of a profit that a few RMA's shouldn't be that much of a big deal. Stuff like this happens with any product as a retailer and you have to just expect the fact there will be people that return something just because they dont like it even if it works fine normally because they were expecting more.

any one get 1 in the past couple of days?
prob order again. today.

EDIT ok jsut ordered my 3rd. well see what happens.

I'm curious to know what people have been getting as I may jump on one of these myself:)

this is my 3rd and i hope since my first 2 were good my third is bad. 0607 go away!

You pays yer money and you takes yer chances. That's the way of it, so no sense b!tching.

yeah and even if you do get 1 or 2 bad steppings :( you can still sell them on ebay for a profit ;) and order 2 more :D

Well you will have to wait another week for new coupons since it is limited to 1 per person/acct/address or whatever.

Man am I glad I didn't RMA my chip.

If you guys go back to Page 62 ( http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1029365359#post1029365359 ). I recieved the CCBBE in terrible condition. I didn't RMA it because I was afraid that I would end up with a worse stepping and i'd lose out on the CCBBE (already had a CCBWE and it sucked). I would have recieved my new chip sometime this week or last week and it seems like CCBBE is running LOW.

So I took the time to straighten out some 45+ pins and chips works flawlessly. 2.9 at 1.45V :)

n19htmare said:

If you guys go back to Page 62 ( http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1029365359#post1029365359 ). I recieved the CCBBE in terrible condition. I didn't RMA it because I was afraid that I would end up with a worse stepping and i'd lose out on the CCBBE (already had a CCBWE and it sucked). I would have recieved my new chip sometime this week or last week and it seems like CCBBE is running LOW.

So I took the time to straighten out some 45+ pins and chips works flawlessly. 2.9 at 1.45V :)

wow great overclocker!

I ordered two more 165s first was back on 27th, and another on the 28th ( just so happened the coupon refreshed that day.)

I just received both today.. Both are CCB1E 0609 FPMW one is batch code 029 and the other is 261.

Hopefully everyone gets a good one this time around.

n19htmare said:

Hey, glad it worked out for you. Told you it'd be worth it :)

n19htmare said:

congrats to you!!:)

ordered yesterday should be here by thursday. i love 3 day ground shipping :)

tvdang7 said:
ordered yesterday should be here by thursday. i love 3 day ground shipping :)
yeah I ordered another yesterday too, I love getting 2nd day fedex for ground prices too, wednesday here we come :D

question if i swap my current 165 to the new one do i have to redo anyhting. like reinstall hotfixes and stuff.?

tvdang7 said:
question if i swap my current 165 to the new one do i have to redo anyhting. like reinstall hotfixes and stuff.?

No. To the software your installing the exact same processor.

toddm27 said:
yeah I ordered another yesterday too, I love getting 2nd day fedex for ground prices too, wednesday here we come :D

I did the same thing Saturday. :cool:

Can't wait to see if it will overclock!

Ordered Opty 165 from Monarch on 5/5, received a CCB1E 0609FPMW ten minutes ago.

how do u know witch dfi lan party board to get there are 11 different kinds on monarchcomputer.com witch one is the best to get?

Depends on what your goals are. If you don't need SLI then get the DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D. If you're going for SLI, get the DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert.

The DFI boards are enthusiast-friendly but tricky to work with unless you know what you're doing. If you don't know which one to buy, you probably don't need to be messing around with DRAM drive strength....

Nugget said:
Ordered Opty 165 from Monarch on 5/5, received a CCB1E 0609FPMW ten minutes ago.
I just got this chip today also...still testing it as of right now, but im running at 2.7 Ghz 1.45 volts right now getting a little hot. Gonna get some more cooling on it and see how it goes, possibly even take the IHS off anyone know where to find a good guide on take it off? Also, I am using a Scythe Ninja...Do you guys apply Artic silver 5 to the chip AND the heatsink or just the chip? I put a THIN layer on both.

mchlhotrod said:
I just got this chip today also...still testing it as of right now, but im running at 2.7 Ghz 1.45 volts right now getting a little hot. Gonna get some more cooling on it and see how it goes, possibly even take the IHS off anyone know where to find a good guide on take it off? Also, I am using a Scythe Ninja...Do you guys apply Artic silver 5 to the chip AND the heatsink or just the chip? I put a THIN layer on both.
Small rice grain size blob in the middle of the cpu. Put the heatsink on, twist it back/forth 15-20 degrees in either direction a few times without applying any pressure, just using the weight of the heatsink. This will disperse any air bubbles and spread the paste nicely. Then clamp it down and you're all set!

Back