AMD Super HOT Coupons!!

mchlhotrod said:
I just got this chip today also...still testing it as of right now, but im running at 2.7 Ghz 1.45 volts right now getting a little hot. Gonna get some more cooling on it and see how it goes, possibly even take the IHS off anyone know where to find a good guide on take it off? Also, I am using a Scythe Ninja...Do you guys apply Artic silver 5 to the chip AND the heatsink or just the chip? I put a THIN layer on both.

Noticed in your sig you're using Asrock 939Dual-eSATA2... I had that board when i first got my 165... but i noticed a MASSIVE fluctuation in the core voltage reported by cpu-z... from 1.311 up to 1.415, when the bios was supposedly locked at 1.35. May want to keep an eye on that.

Diashto said:
Noticed in your sig you're using Asrock 939Dual-eSATA2... I had that board when i first got my 165... but i noticed a MASSIVE fluctuation in the core voltage reported by cpu-z... from 1.311 up to 1.415, when the bios was supposedly locked at 1.35. May want to keep an eye on that.
Yes i've noticed the voltage fluctuation also and i beleive that it is hindering my overclock. I guess thats what happens when the board doesnt have any voltage regulation . But back on topic just brought the chip up to 2.75 no errors, seems to be getting stronger the more i burn it in.

ordered sunday. was sopposed to get it tomrrow.

got it just now. 0610!!!! first time 0610 second 0609 third 0610 again. i love u monarch .

tvdang7 said:
finally !! no more 0607 for u! 2.78 at stock voltage failed after 1.5 hours. now trying 2.75 stock.
yeah well I still have my other 0610 that is prime stable at 2780 stock volts 12 hours+, and my ccb1e 0609 that will be here tomorow, hehe, I think this makes my 8th and 9th chip :D

I got mine today too. Hopefully its good.....I don't have it in my hands yet its at the shop!!!

Got a 0609FPMW. A friend in USA bought 2 for me, waiting for the 2nd one. Unfortunately I'll only see and test them in a couple of weeks, at least.

I ordered a 165 on Sunday, and I got it today.

OSA165DAA6CD
CCBBE 0610DPMW
monarch packaged it in the same oversized plastic cpu casing, with a much thinner piece of pink styrofoam underneath it.

KarateBob said:
I ordered a 165 on Sunday, and I got it today.

OSA165DAA6CD
CCBBE 0610DPMW
monarch packaged it in the same oversized plastic cpu casing, with a much thinner piece of pink styrofoam underneath it.

Score!!!!!

I never noticed but does it always say this under "order status"??? :confused:

Your order is currently being processed through the order review process. Please allow up to 24 hours for the order to be processed by the review department.

Finally, AMD made a lot of good chips in one week. Seemed like it's either lots of shitty chips (0551) or very few awesome ones (0608)

I got another CCBBE 0610DPMW today. This is my third in a row. I must be lucky since i havn't gotten ahold of one of those horrid 0607's.

gingersnap said:
Thanks monarchcomputers I just rated you very satisfied on resellerratings.com

I just check their resellerratings. Its funny how so many people here on [h] reap the benefits that monarch provides us; yet don't leave feedback to show their appreciation.

I mean c'mon they have been hooking us up with opterons, way below avg prices, for months now. And not to mention how many have made profited from reselling steppings.

That is just sad, support our very own MD rep.

/end rant :)

gingersnap said:
Thanks monarchcomputers I just rated you very satisfied on resellerratings.com
Thank you for that ginger, I am not going to lie, we really apprechiate the kind words on resellerratings.com and anywhere.
However as you and I have spoke about before; You really don't need to post only for us there is a lot to see on this site. Don't get me wrong I love that you love us, just try to spread the love a bit bud....

wow seems like now is the time to buy opterons 165's

anyone purchase a opteron 170 recently?

don;t forget to show your friendly neighborhood MD rep some love :)

ToronadoXP said:
I just bought one early Thursday morning. Hopefully I'll get a good stepping. Can't wait to go dual core :D

i went dual core and i havent really taken adavantage of it yet. owell....

tvdang7 said:
i went dual core and i havent really taken adavantage of it yet. owell....

Run a VMware image of Enterprise Server 2003 while your friend is RDP'd in running massive SQL queries, and install 4 games all at once at blazing speed :)

I love this chip

Was about to order another one... coupon codes are expired :(

Maybe they'll post new coupons this weekend... by then I'll have the spare cash enough to buy two more :D

Nope, different name, address, email, and new account setup, and it still says "The coupon code you entered has expired."

Oh looks like it just expired. I didnt check. I just saw you say you tried to order another and even if it was valid, it wouldnt let you. Valid or expired, you can only use it once. :)

Retsam said:
Oh looks like it just expired. I didnt check. I just saw you say you tried to order another and even if it was valid, it wouldnt let you. Valid or expired, you can only use it once. :)

expired :p

Hey Monarch,

One of these days (heaven forbid) you are going to stop giving us these great AMD coupon codes. As a courtesy, could you give us a heads-up before hand. I know I was mad that I missed out on the iloveati from the egg, but if I missed one of these codes...... well lets just say it would not be pretty....

Thanks

this really pisses me off... i saved for a 144, for $110 at Monarch, then the day before i have my money, they take it off thier site. So I save up to $160, and I'm gonna buy a 146 with that coupon. But the day before i had my money, the coupon expired... :mad:

Back