AMD Tech Tour BUNDLES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soymilk said:
this is just what people are guessing, since last year's there were a lot that were bought and then sold on ebay for profit. it has been in no way confirmed, so just wait and see with the rest of us :)

as far as i can tell, previous years it was register online, buy the packages online w/ a credit card, and pick it up at the show. no entry fee. (this is what i've been able to pull out of the other thread)

So if the nearest show is forever and a day away from where you live, you're SOL?

ion_the_jester said:
So if the nearest show is forever and a day away from where you live, you're SOL?
yes, unless you get someone on the [H] to buy one for you. My GF may be coming along with me to the DC show.

tvdang7 said:
wait so the windows server thing is unsellable? DAMN!

you can sell them. however you MUST include a non-peripheral piece of hardware along with it. like an IDE cable or a power cord.

so is the desktop bundle mobo any good for everyday used? also does the cpu comes with the heatpipe heatsink+fan?

im sure the amd 4000 will come with stock hs and fan as do regualr chips purchesed at retail stores. not sure about the opterons though since i have never bought one

Last year, the desktop bundle had a retail CPU, so you get the HSF. The server bundle, however, came with OEM Opterons, so you had to supply your own HSF.

so if billleelee's info is correct, no you dont get the retail heatpipe hsf. you'd get the non-heatpipe one.

yujie said:
so is the desktop bundle mobo any good for everyday used? also does the cpu comes with the heatpipe heatsink+fan?

The desktop bundle is great if you want to build an SFF machine like a Qpack or SG01.

I'l be attending the New Brunswick show and plan on picking up a Server bundle.

u8myrice said:
Does Best Buy count? They sell Gateways and HPs. @__@

yes

I'm gonna go to the D.C. event and until then pray that people who don't work in retail can get said bundles...

will DC event be a Nations like couple years back or all the way up in white marsh mall :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They're smokin some serious dope:

Bundle #1...

Using a Venice 3000 from NewEgg.... $120,

Same MSI motherboard, Newegg... $88

XPpro from company store.... $35

And $100 for XFi assuming it makes any sense at all, the motherboard HAS good audio (forgive me all yee golden ears).

That's $243 for a makings of a HTPC. I cant see justifying the expense of the $330 4000 for use on that motherboard (it IS a nice motherboard for HTPC use), but doesn't have the overclocking abilities a 4000 would be worthy of. With dividers now, you dont NEED the x12 multipier, the x9 3000 will get the job done. Toss in a GSkill $160 2G memory kit that does 260Mhz and we are cookin. The onboard video is fine for DVD playback, and for use with a HDTVwonder HD tuner. Infact TWO HDTV wonders and 2G of ram and we just about get to the price AMD asks for the bundle.

Just a terrible "deal" and no bargain.

xX_Jack_Carver_Xx said:
They're smokin some serious dope:

Bundle #1...

Using a Venice 3000 from NewEgg.... $120,

Same MSI motherboard, Newegg... $88

XPpro from company store.... $35

And $100 for XFi assuming it makes any sense at all, the motherboard HAS good audio (forgive me all yee golden ears).

That's $243 for a makings of a HTPC. I cant see justifying the expense of the $330 4000 for use on that motherboard (it IS a nice motherboard for HTPC use), but doesn't have the overclocking abilities a 4000 would be worthy of. With dividers now, you dont NEED the x12 multipier, the x9 3000 will get the job done. Toss in a GSkill $160 2G memory kit that does 260Mhz and we are cookin. The onboard video is fine for DVD playback, and for use with a HDTVwonder HD tuner. Infact TWO HDTV wonders and 2G of ram and we just about get to the price AMD asks for the bundle.

Just a terrible "deal" and no bargain.

dude are you smoking dope? AMD has not even announced pricing on the bundles yet. please go back and reread the thread before resorting to conjecture.

sn_85 said:
you can sell them. however you MUST include a non-peripheral piece of hardware along with it. like an IDE cable or a power cord.
A non-peripheral piece of hardware in this instance is not relevant at all, the bundles were NOT FOR RESALE, not sure how many times it has to be mentioned. AMD mentioned that on their website BEFORE you were able to buy the bundles. The actual products themselves did not carry any NFR stickers, even though they honestly should have. That also means that breaking the bundle up does not invalidate that fact. Yes, a zillion people got away with it on fleabay as well as on the FS/FT forums here. Hopefully their bad karma will catch up with them. :p

ir0nw0lf said:
A non-peripheral piece of hardware in this instance is not relevant at all, the bundles were NOT FOR RESALE, not sure how many times it has to be mentioned. AMD mentioned that on their website BEFORE you were able to buy the bundles. The actual products themselves did not carry any NFR stickers, even though they honestly should have. That also means that breaking the bundle up does not invalidate that fact. Yes, a zillion people got away with it on fleabay as well as on the FS/FT forums here. Hopefully their bad karma will catch up with them. :p
my software said NFR on it.

they wont check / require tax IDs

there are too many IT people that work for companies attending. i build computers for the company i work for. so just b/c i dont sell parts, doesn't mean i dont use them for all my builds.

Dav5049915 said:
they wont check / require tax IDs

there are too many IT people that work for companies attending. i build computers for the company i work for. so just b/c i dont sell parts, doesn't mean i dont use them for all my builds.
That's what I'll be going under. I plan on picking up the HTPC bundle for me personally, and the Opteron bundle to play with AMD (up until now we have been an all-Intel company).

sn_85 said:
Um .. no you can't sell them .. they say NOT FOR RESALE on the package; reread the prior posts, before posting disinformation. Well, you could technically sell them to a friend, but you definitly could NOT sell them on eBay, even with some other hardware. You could possibly try selling it as a "collector's item", but I think eBay would report you to MS and it would be a hassle. Remember that MS does have people trolling eBay in search of fraudulent auctions.
-------------------------------------------------------
The Tax ID rumor is BS, besides if you REALLY need a Tax ID, you can get an EIN from the IRS, for free.
http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=102767,00.html

About EINs: An Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number, is a nine-digit number that the IRS assigns to business entities. The IRS uses this number to identify taxpayers that are required to file various business tax returns. EINs are used by employers, sole proprietors, corporations, partnerships, non-profit organizations, trusts and estates, government agencies, certain individuals and other business entities.

Same as the other thread, when you have hard facts to discuss, that will be the time for these threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back