amd x2 4400 stock heatsink or buy Ninja?

lukx

Limp Gawd
Is is worth to buy for example Scythe Ninja or just stick with stock heatsink for amd x2 4400 if I'm not doing any OC? Is Ninja quiter than stock HST?

lukx said:
Is is worth to buy for example Scythe Ninja or just stick with stock heatsink for amd x2 4400 if I'm not doing any OC? Is Ninja quiter than stock HST?

well it depends what you'd like. for example, if you're going to be overclocking and want superior cooling, the ninja is the best. if you want silence, you can pair the ninja with any 120mm fan, so it'll be as silent as you want it to be (or even passive if your case is good enough). in fact, jabtech has some bundle where you can buy the ninja and a nexus fan (one of the quietest out there) in one go. cheap too.

Thanks quadnad for a tip. I got Lian-Li 61 case and I want to make my system as quite as possible without using water cooling. And also want it cold:).

I have a slow processor, and I don't overclock, but I shoehorned an SL-120 in a uATX case because i want silence.

The stock AMD HSF isn't too loud. I wouldn't say it's any louder than a PC61 case (mine was loud anyway).

I am a quiet PC freak and I think that the stock 4400+ cooler is pretty kick ass quiet:
http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=dcopteroncooling&page=3

I didn't change the one out on my 4800+ until after 6 months. It ran so well that I never felt the urge to. Since I had already spent the money on a Big Typhoon I finally replaced it for more bling.

The Ninja doesn't come with a fan, so how loud it gets depends on the fan you use with it. I have a 3500+ running PASSIVE with a Ninja in a P180 with zero problems after hours of gaming.

In the right case, the ninja can be ran passive. I did on my Opteron [email protected] 1.52 volts dual prime around 52-55C. adding a 30 CFM 120mm fan brough temps down to 47-48C max dual Prime. One thing to caution is the PWMIC temp with dualcores. On my DFI + ninja combo, it so hard to cool the PWMIC in a case B/C the heatsink covers them mainly. JUst throwing that out there.

Mine idles between 38 and 43 depending on the weather, with a low speed Antec. I think there's something wrong with the sensor though.

[H]Opterown said:
Temps with passive cooling?

Here are my temps:
3500+ with passive Ninja in a P180
IDLE LOAD
CPU 30 36

Just upgraded the 3500+ to a 4400+
New temps:
IDLE LOAD
CPU 31 40

Back