AMD X2 4800+ + STALKER Help!!!

the gamer

[H]ard|Gawd
the gamer said:
anyone having problems with STALKER and an AMD X2 4800+ cpu?, I get control spikes (mouse wont work for a few seconds, every few mins), also when I had the 3500+ installed STALKER was running fine in dual monitor mode, now with dual core the game exit when the mouse goes near the second monitor,

I have installed the X2 Dual Core Driver + Optimizer, and disable the pmtimer thing, and made stalker run on one core but I still get problems.

Only stalker has this problem so far, Text Drive Unlimited runs fine, I'll try BF2 and CSS shortly.

any fix?

Posted that in the Dual Core Gaming Fix thead, but thought I would make a main thread on it to, to get more respone.

I just uninstalled it, but I was wondering would the Cool N Quiet thing also be giving me trouble has I forgot to turn it off.

well I defragmented my harddrive and it help with some performance issues, but ever since I installed the X2 4800+, STALKER hates the second monitor, is there anyway to make it not detect the second monitor?

Well here's a couple of things you can try...

First off (if it's a USB mouse) try plugging it into a different port and see if that resolves any issues. If it's a PS2 mouse, try using a different one. Make sure you have the USB 2.0 drivers installed for your hardware.

Secondly, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. eats RAM like a fat kid eats cake. If your sig is up to date and have only 1GB, the game will run like shit, and won't respond for a good few seconds at a time while data loads of the hard disk for the first couple of minutes of play through a freshly loaded level. You need 2GB or more to get the most out of this game.

Another BIG thing that helps performance is a fast SM3.0/4.0 graphics card. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. runs fine at a smooth 30fps with everything turned up with full dynamic lighting at 1152x864 on my 7950GT 256MB and socket 754 3700+ Clawhammer.

Also, have you tried installing the latest patches for the game? I don't know off hand what bug fixes GSC Game World have implemented, but it's always a smart thing to do to avoid any problems.

And finally, make sure you have all the latest drivers and updates installed for your system. I don't think that making the game run with only one core will help, it seems that your problem lies elsewhere.

As soon as I get my X2 4200 and new motherboard in the mail I'll post back and see if I have the same issue...

STALKER is patched, have 2GB of ram, everything has the latest drivers, though I only have a SM2.0 card, will be getting an 8800GTX OC next month though.

I will try changing the mouse to another USB port, but I think my problem lies with viruses that I have, going to wrip the harddrive sometime this week! (they just wont die)

Back