AMD's ATI 10.3a Catalyst Driver Update @ [H]

Reading the thread, those having Bad Company 2 issues, and hoping for something fixed in the driver (i'm hearing long load times), email your issues to me please and I'll make AMD aware [email protected]

I need to see what happens with the 10.3a driver in regards to that load time.

could you ask them when in the world are they going to fix the issue with Crysis in Crossfire mode?

there are several odd issue really annoying the player..

stutter/huge fps drop in the first crysis where at the harbor and look directly to the direction where the sun light and mountains are at.. the fps drop to 10-20, and you can hear the GPU starts choking the sound.
nearly the same issue in Crysis Warhead in the beach part, try to walk around in the whole beach restaurant , the fps and stutter is totally not acceptable.

I bought a 5970 just to play this game and this issue still have not solve since 4800 series.. its really need to be fix

Reading the thread, those having Bad Company 2 issues, and hoping for something fixed in the driver (i'm hearing long load times), email your issues to me please and I'll make AMD aware [email protected]

I need to see what happens with the 10.3a driver in regards to that load time.

Hi Brent, would you be able to raise other issues to AMDs attention as well? I'm sure you've heard of the issues the 57xx/58xx cards have with Apple's displayport devices. I've not seen AMD acknowledge the issue anywhere, I'm wondering if maybe you can get us some kind of word from them? Even if they say it's not fixable, it'd be better than nothing.

I'm not sure if it's an issue that can be resolved with drivers, if it isn't I'm sorry for being off-topic.

Btw.: I just heard rumor that HardOCP already recieved their Fermi card(s) for review - any comments about this rumor from Kyle?

I'm sure all the major sites received them by now...the NDA gets lifted on the 26th I think so all the sites need to have the cards a few days before to thoroughly test it and write up a (positive) review :D

no, there is no fps boost in overall game play from nVidia drivers..

no matter what they say on the changelog, it doesn't change the fact it just a myth.

some even note that it need to push the AA to extreme in order to see a 2% difference.
which is no big improvement at all... far from your 15% claim
and lots of people including me are having issue with the big bang driver...

Ughhhhh... I've never heard such dismay about the Big Bang drivers. Pretty much every review site that covered the comparisons were showing good results with those drivers from Nvidia a while ago. By the way, there were 1 or 2 huge driver boosts before the Big Bang ones that did have around 15% increase across the board (a couple of years before the Big Bang.

Well, anyways..!

Just subscribe to @CatalystMaker on twitter to get a text message when he uploads it.

I'm a little bit tired of seeing performance enhancements presented as improvements to specific games. I understand that's the more marketable way to go, and that performance enhancements usually come from game-specific tweaks in the drivers themselves, but I'd much rather read about universal performance improvements in driver updates.

"4% general performance improvement" is a much, much more welcome changelog entry than "4% performance improvement in Far Cry 2" just for practical reasons. I also tend to play games or use 3D apps that are NOT cutting edge games, and I'd like to see performance increases in those. It would be nice to see performance enhancements and a Crossfire profile for PCSX2, for example. (And before anyone brings up legality, emulators are legal, piracy is not.)

But I suppose that's not as sexy a changelog entry as "2% performance improvement in Call of Duty."

I really hope ATI will ditch this whole reliance on EDID data from the monitor for bezel compensation to work. Loads of people are having problems with getting it to work with the beta drivers because EDID data is often inaccurate, and quite hard/risky to change. Not only that, but the ATI drivers don't even pay attention to EDID overrides in the registry, but only look for actual data read from the monitor. Totally unnecessary and over-complicated.

I was hoping these drivers would fix the horrible load times in BfBC2 or have a workaround for them, otherwise i guess i have to wait until DICE fix it.

For anybody who doesnt know, ATI load times under DX10/11 mode are horrible, anywhere from 40-60 seconds per map change......in DX9 mode, or using the same system with a Nvidia card, load times are about 10 seconds.

Main reason i came in to forums was too see if this was fixed - super annoying, was hoping these 10.3's fixed the situation as using dx9 has lots of drawbacks what with the flashing textures and stuff ; (

I really hope ATI will ditch this whole reliance on EDID data from the monitor for bezel compensation to work. Loads of people are having problems with getting it to work with the beta drivers because EDID data is often inaccurate, and quite hard/risky to change. Not only that, but the ATI drivers don't even pay attention to EDID overrides in the registry, but only look for actual data read from the monitor. Totally unnecessary and over-complicated.

EDID can suck it.

Never did anything good for met. Only gives me trouble.

Totally waiting on the official 10.3's myself. :p

I hate anticipation. :cool:

Very disappointing. Where are the Bad Company 2 fixes!??
That is what I too was hoping for.

Yep 10.3 offers me nothing, YAYYYY!

I can play Dirt2 faster, Even though I beat the game quite some time ago, that is exciting, Maybe we can get a performance increase for CSS and WoW while we are at it. :rolleyes:

That is what I too was hoping for.

Yep 10.3 offers me nothing, YAYYYY!

I can play Dirt2 faster, Even though I beat the game quite some time ago, that is exciting, Maybe we can get a performance increase for CSS and WoW while we are at it. :rolleyes:

I thought I had 'beaten' the game too after finally getting every single player achievement. Then I went online and got my Level 1 ass got owned by a Level 100 who crossed the finish line more than 30 seconds before me.

I'm loving the online mode. It's set up exactly like MW2/BC2 with levels, missions and 'squads' of friends.

When I read the catalyst 10.2/10.3 preview and they stated the 3d stereoscopic driver hooks would be coming, I didn't actually think they'd be in this soon...A 5830 or 5850 may be in my near future...

10.3a is out now at the link above, can't wait to try these tonight. Will be hella happy if it fixes the loading time issues in bfbc2 in dx11.

Why are links to both called "mobility" in the filename? I thought one set is supposed to be for desktop?

Last edited:
According to CatalystMaker on twitter: "sorry all - the download links need updating - give it a few minutes. will let you know when its fixed"

Why is it reading 10-3_mobility_vista_win7_64_ccc.exe??
I want the desktop driver, not the notebook one!

ATI screwed up the desktop driver download links...

cool... I have been at 10.1 waiting for something worthy to move to.. sounds like 10.3a or the whql version will be it.

they are fixing it.. apparently it takes an hour to change a link :(

oh well, as long as they are up by this evening it's all good :)

they are fixing it.. apparently it takes an hour to change a link :(

oh well, as long as they are up by this evening it's all good :)

They said they will fix it but How long does it take to just change a hyperlink? LOL.
I would be able to fix it in like 5 minutes max, it's just changing around the address that the link is referring to. Or is it waaay more complicated than that?

They said they will fix it but How long does it take to just change a hyperlink? LOL.
I would be able to fix it in like 5 minutes max, it's just changing around the address that the link is referring to. Or is it waaay more complicated than that?

yeah, you figure it's just a matter of going into dreamweaver or whatever and changing it like you said... last minute bfbc2 fixes being added as we speak (I wish).

It could be they uploaded the wrong files and have to re-upload AND fix all the links, etc. Still shouldn't take too long, but longer than just fixing a URL.

Anyone else notice that the Catalyst drivers that come out every so often will break Company of Heroes? I've noticed in games with certain driver sets that I'll crash out after 10-20 minutes of game play. Roll back to previous drivers and I have no problems.

I'm currently running 10.0 drivers because 10.1 caused issues. (Haven't tried 10.2, was holding off for 10.3).

Had the same problem back around the 9.6/9.7 days.

I hate to be a dick, but what hard drive do you have? I am spawned into the next map before everyone else about 9 times out of 10.

PS: Dear ATi, great job including a performance boost for the hottest new game out on PC (Bad Company 2) /sarcasm.

Its an Intel x25 SSD :p.

Not to be a dick, but i did mention that running it in DX9 mode or using a Nvidia card on DX10 gets me in the maps almost first everytime. So that people wouldnt post that the HD/Internet connection is the bottleneck.

using two g2 x25 intel ssd in raid 0 and my nvidia friend with a regular 7200 rpm gets into bc2 games way before me lol. im using 5870s

ATI seem to suffering from impressive levels of fail quite honestly, I mean besides the fact it is taking them ages just to change to the proper links etc they've still left the old ones up.

Back