Amiga 3000 inspired retro desktop case Kickstarter

Hey guys, thought I would share with you this:

653a950bc5d70a481de182b27bf23a74_original.png

This is a true desktop case inspired by the Commodore Amiga 3000 case design. It will be available in 2 colors: Black or Oyster White. You can get it either in a config for PC mini ITX and mATX boards OR in a design to fit original Amiga 500/600/1200 motherboards.

Designed and manufactured in the UK with an all steel case with a plastic front panel.

Thought I would share this with everyone as it's rare when a true desktop case comes along (and not a HTPC designed to be shoved in a entertainment stand).

And yes, I backed it. I'm sticking a spare Amiga 500 board in it as I am a huge Amiga nerd.

I was an Amiga user up until 24 years ago or so. As much as it was all good memories, the cases and computer designs never really struck me as particularly noteworthy.

The only Amiga case that stood out for me, was the Amiga-1000 pizza box with keyboard garage. I still have mine in storage.

I think the Amiga 1000 and 3000 were great desktop cases. I have an Amiga 2000 and 3000 in my closet - great machines.

My personal favorite amiga cases were the A1000, A3000 and A4000 in that order.

A500 and A1200 here. Started case modding back then.

Stuff both with de-interlacers, OC 68030 CPU’s with FPU, remember doing the fat Angus mod on the A500 from 512kb to a whole 1 MEG, cutting traces on the motherboard and wiring up some pins. One would never need more graphics memory than 1 megabyte.

I am a sucker for cases, may have to byte. Have a Commodore 64 retroactive case which I stuffed various motherboards in it until our friendly cat decided it would make a fine urinal.

I would go with the A3000 version, a computer I always wanted but had higher priorities with kid raising at the time.

Back